Wakesurfing Setup for 2005 Tige 21i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurfing Setup for 2005 Tige 21i

I have a 2005 Tige 21i and would like to try and do some basic wakesurfing on it. Any recommnedations about a wedge and/or ballast set up to get? The previous owner used a Nauticurl and said it worked well. My family and I are not looking at getting into it too seriously but would like to be able to do some recreational wakesurfing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We owned a 2004 22i, so keep that in mind with these recommendations. The nauticurl was good (we tried many), but I would recommend the Wakesurf Edge. I would reach out to CHPTHRIL on here for Ballast advice. Lastly, just as a side note; we never wakesurfed before purchasing our first boat... we were instantly hooked. It was the driving force for us to upgrade boats a couple of times in the last 5 years.

Comment

200lbs in each front locker under seats
      800lb in rear locker
      400lbs of moveable weight on surf side and your golden
      surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
          We owned a 2004 22i, so keep that in mind with these recommendations. The nauticurl was good (we tried many), but I would recommend the Wakesurf Edge. I would reach out to CHPTHRIL on here for Ballast advice. Lastly, just as a side note; we never wakesurfed before purchasing our first boat... we were instantly hooked. It was the driving force for us to upgrade boats a couple of times in the last 5 years.
          How do you like your Z3 surf wave? What’s your setup like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We love it! We’ve had a lot of help dialing it in from elevatedconcepts and thegerman618 on here. They deserve all the credit. We fill the aft bags and use anywhere from 1000-1400 in lead. We fill the bow to about 60% surf side, 40% off side. We then get pitch and roll to 9-5 or 10-6 by adjusting weight. We have found that to be the key. You can put all the weight wherever you want, but you can’t dial it in right until you have pitch and roll dialed in.

Comment

My family and I are not looking at getting into it too seriously but would like to be able to do some recreational wakesurfing.
              My experience coming from an I/O and wake boarding into a true tow boat and surfing for the first time. With boarding, beginners need a beginner height wake, and progress up. With wake surfing, its the complete opposite. An advanced surfer can make good with a mediocre wave, where as a beginner surfer will struggle on that same mediocre wave.

So while you dont need a pro level comp surf wave, you do need to aim for a good quality wave. It will allow you to rally enjoy learning to surf. 1st summer with out tige, we struggled with not enough weight and a crappy board. Members here , got us set right.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by bgd_40 View Post
                I have a 2005 Tige 21i and would like to try and do some basic wakesurfing on it. Any recommnedations about a wedge and/or ballast set up to get? The previous owner used a Nauticurl and said it worked well. My family and I are not looking at getting into it too seriously but would like to be able to do some recreational wakesurfing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
                My Boat: 2005 22i
                WakeShaper: SWELL
                Ballast: 800 Surf side (in locker and on floor); off side 400
                Board: Broadcast

All the kids can surf it (13, 11, 7) no problem. I have to work a little to stay off rope while surfing it (180#'s). I'd like to increase ballast but the wife freaks out about "sinking" the boat.

Check around the site for board recommendations, but the broadcast works way better than my previous board.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                  We love it! We’ve had a lot of help dialing it in from elevatedconcepts and thegerman618 on here. They deserve all the credit. We fill the aft bags and use anywhere from 1000-1400 in lead. We fill the bow to about 60% surf side, 40% off side. We then get pitch and roll to 9-5 or 10-6 by adjusting weight. We have found that to be the key. You can put all the weight wherever you want, but you can’t dial it in right until you have pitch and roll dialed in.
                  Do you have 1 aft bag on each side the or do you have a bag under the floor w/plug n play bags above the floor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for sharing your problem with us! Your had a nice experience. I hope you'll be able to share more details in the future.
                    https://customcollegeessays.com/blog/usa-essays

Comment

Working...
                    X