Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 SLM COMP Gas Tank

Hey all,

The rust-free aluminum(?) gas tank on my 92 2000 SLM Comp started leaking at one of the welds. After ignoring the problem for a while my friends and I got tired of getting high off the fumes every time we'd go out on it so I've finally pulled it out and am trying to figure out what to do. I was going to have it welded but the only welding shop in town doesn't want to weld a gas tank (can't blame them) and I haven't been able to find a replacement. Anyone know where I can go to find a new tank and/or have any remedies besides welding that would work? Thanks!

Tige no Tank.jpg

What are the dimensions?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

One idea depending on the dimensions requested above.

http://moellermarine.com/moeller-mar...l-tank-032535/

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...light=NICKYPOO

Different boat but, it shows the new tank. FWIW, I love the new setup.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I guess if it were me. i am thinking perfect time for a mod. like some long thin tanks I could squeeze up each gunnel Trying to keep the same gallon size but give you the room to get fat.You are not braking the rules if there none. This guy has got them all.
          .https://nashville.craigslist.org/bpo...658459303.html
          Last edited by gumby; 08-14-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Wow... NICKY what a awesome build. Spent the last hour reading through. What a nice job. I know you love that boat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
              Wow... NICKY what a awesome build. Spent the last hour reading through. What a nice job. I know you love that boat!!!
              Thanks man. It was a lot of work but, it has been totally worth it. I don’t how many times I crawled up in the boat that winter but, it was a lot. Many, many late nights.

Saddle tanks are an awesome idea!
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Interesting thoughts indeed. Currently entertaining...

For those who have gas tank knowledge the tank dimensions are 74 3/4 x 9 x 9 and that had the entire area behind the seat packed full with no room to spare. Below are pics. I'm thinking I might try to see if the company still exists, or if another company has the specs and can make one. I pulled up a thread from 2003 in which RDS manufacturing was claimed to be able to reproduce most any gas tank so might try to give them a shout tomorrow. Thanks everyone, you're all great.

Tige Gas Tank.jpgGas Tank Label.jpg

Comment

Did you call the guy I sent you on creglist? That guy has EVERYTHING! He is cool to deal with also.

Comment

Gumby, the first time I clicked your link it seemed to be broken but seeing as it works now it must've been a problem on my end. Will call and see what he's got. Thanks!

Btw, RDS quoted me $495 for a complete custom build for those wondering what a custom tank might cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X