1999 2100i Dash Panel Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 2100i Dash Panel Removal

Does the whole dash panel easily remove without having to mess with the steering column/wheel??? It looks like it's all one solid piece....

Trying to figure out how much of a PITA this is going to be to replace gauges. Thanks in advance

CP

Its more about the wiring. If you can find the 12 pin connector, unplug it, cut any zip ties that may be holding it to other wires and it shouldn't be too bad to remove. I believe its just the screws on the outer parameter.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I believe you are correct, I've looked at mine and looks fairly simple. However, I didn't remove my dash to change out my gauges. Everything is accessible back there. You will need to lay on your back, a flash light, and mostly patience. I don't know that you gain anything from removing it, as my wires would not have been long enough to hook up once removed, so I would have had to crawl under there anyway.

Comment

Hmm, last time I was trying to remove the dash panel it seemed more then just the outer screws, it felt as if the steering box was also holding it on (along with the tilt column).

Comment

Originally posted by Rx79394 View Post
          Hmm, last time I was trying to remove the dash panel it seemed more then just the outer screws, it felt as if the steering box was also holding it on (along with the tilt column).
          This is my fear.... I just installed a new sub under the dash, and even before then it looked too tight under there to get to all the gauges. And I'm more than a little puckered to start messing with the steering box and tilt column since I'm a brand new boat owner.

Comment

What gauges are you looking to replace? I had a bad oil gauge last season, and I thought I was going to remove the dash. After removing the exterior bolts, the steering column was in the way. As a result, I made the gauge replacement without removing the dash.

This season, I tried installing some lights under there and couldn't figure it out, so I gave up again.

I'm in the same situation as a new boat owner, and not familiar with the boat steering and opted to not mess with it. Atleast until we get a house and a garage where I can spend more time with it.

Comment

Working...
            X