Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! What is the rear storage size behind the seat in a 2000 21i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! What is the rear storage size behind the seat in a 2000 21i?

I live in hawaii and my boat (2000 21i) is in CA. I would like to order a ballast tank for my rear storage compartment but I don't know the exact measurement. Can someone measure theirs and let me know. Thanks so much!

No one has a dimension for this guy?

I’d measure mine but it’s not going to be very relevant. I do know that I used to run a 350# locker sac back there back in the day when it was a stock setup. It was as the best fitting of the stock sacs but it was not perfect by any means. I would order a custom one in a heartbeat.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Were in CA is it? If no one can provide the measurements you need and it's accessible and close enough, I can go measure it.
      My guess is it is similar to our boats. If that's the case, then I would guess the FatSac W704 would work.
      http://www.fatsac.com/product-detail...llast-tube-sac
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

If its the same as my '98 a W705 fits in there too, at least that's what chpthrill recommended and ordered for me (I haven't installed yet). In Ruger's ballast install he claimed the area in his '97 was roughly 73Lx21Wx11H.

Comment

Thanks Guys, my boat is up north in the middle of nowhere. I will be there in a couple of days and can measure it if I don't hear back before then.

Comment

So a tight fit Between the filler tube and the vent pipe would be 64 inches long by 18 inches wide and 11 inches tall. I have a 99 21i.A safe size would be 60 inches long 14 inches wide and 10 1/2 inches high.I am Up at my boat if you need anything else in the next couple hours.

Comment

I think I would go with the W 704 unless the few inches in width is worth the extra $40.
              W704
              Tube Fat Sac 370 lbs.
              62 x 16 x 10 inches

W705
              Locker Fat Sac 650 lbs.
              62 x 26 x 10 inches
              Last edited by TeamAllen; 07-26-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

The 650lb locker sack fits in my 2004 21i all day long with room to spare. I can still put gear back in the locker once the sac is full.

Comment

^^^The ‘00 21i and ‘04 21i are completely different hulls.

Comment

Good to know! I'm not an expert, I suspected there may be some differences.

Comment

^^^I love your model 21i. They did such a nice job on the design. I’d rock one.

Comment

Yeah, lets see some pics when you get back to it.

Comment

Agreed I think I will go with the w704. Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Just ordered mine in black.Thanks for all the info and help everyone!

Comment

Working...
                            X