Fixing to buy a 2000 Tige 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing to buy a 2000 Tige 22i

I’m going to hopefully purchase a 2000 Tige 22i with a 2015 loadmaster tandem axle trailer.
    Engine is a 350 merc was wondering hp rating cause I’ve seen everything from 270 to 315 range and I would like to know.

Boat has 294 hours and price at $18,500 but taps doesn’t work and
    interior is original interior for last 18 years

I was thinking $17,000 was a good starting point
    Attached Files

Welcome to the site. That boat looks in great shape! Extremely low hours for the year. That can be both good and bad. That tower might be one of the bad ones made by Metcraft? I don't really know much about them except they fall apart at the welds and could be dangerous. Maybe someone else can identify it?

The horsepower difference will depend on if it's fuel injected or carbureted. If it is fuel injected, MPI or TBI.

I don't know if your TAPS is electric or hydraulic for that year?

What water sports are you planning to use it for?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Wakeboarding, skiing, kneeboarding, and maybe some tubing

Comment

Engine is fuel injected I believe

Comment

I have a 97 Tige 2200v which is basically the same as the 22i. I have the Mercruiser Black Scorpion motor and it has 315 HP. You will see a scorpion on top of the motor. The Taps is Hydraulic. The Hydraulic reservoir is on the starboard side of the motor under a box that has carpet on it. Make sure the reservoir has fluid and check for leaks. Low fluid will cause it not to work. I have owned my boat since 97 and I have had no problems at all! I recommend looking for a V not an I.

Comment

Okay thanks

Comment

The 2200v is not basically the same as a 22i. Totally different hull. The taps pump will be in the helm compartment on the lower right as you are looking through the door. It will have a carpeted cover on it. Hit the switch to see if you can hear it run. If it runs, it might be low on fluid. If it doesn’t, you have an electrical issue. They are pretty simple systems.

The motor should be a Merc 350mag. 315hp. The Scorpion was available and had 330hp.

That is the Metcrap tower. It’s aweful. I can’t recommend replacing it enough. Use that against the price. It has to go. Do not pull a tube from it. With the salesman with you, push on the rear leg side to side several times nice and hard. It will move a lot. Frown a lot at that. A decent tower is at least 2k. Split it with him and have him knock off a grand.

The rear hatch has been reupholstered. It should have the same detail as the doghouse.

Nice that it has a new trailer.

Check for a soft spot in the floor in front of the ski pylon. It’s prone to fail as it’s just a small piece and not all that strong. Design flaw but not a big deal.

That low of hours is a bit concerning. Have it checked out thoroughly.

It looks mostly bone stock from there. I’d offer 15k and settle on 16.5k.

For a D-drive, it will do a lot of things really well. I should know. I’ve had mine since ‘01.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I would agree offer $15,000. It looks like the front bow cushions are cracked?

Comment

Thanks for the information I appreciate it

Comment

Not sure what that trailer was for originally but I doubt it was 22i. Looks pretty jenky.

You’d need to reupholster the dog house, the seat bases and, rear seat back.

Speedos are cooked. They’ve seen a lot of sun. The carpet is wet. I assume it’s presently outside?

That’s not a stock throttle lever. Is there a taps switch in it? Here’s the correct one. They did change a lot things on a lot of boats mid year at that time but, I’ve never seen that throttle handle in a Tige.

740E2C0D-13F5-4E21-BBDB-58892233A7A8.jpg
                    Last edited by NICKYPOO; 07-14-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Is that drivers seat stock? Might have changed it for the 2000 model but for the 98 it is all white. (At least mine is and trust me that thing is original)

Comment

Price is dropping. I would say that boats total value is $15K. You need a new tower and upholstery on most. Have you tried to look up the NADA value?
                        I'm not sure that tach is original either and it has the hour meter in it. Either way I would want the hours verified from the ECU. The pictures show more wear than the hours indicate. Any pics of the motor?

Comment

Nada Value on boat in attached photos. No pictures of engine. Driving to look at it today it’s a consignment sale boat. Guy who owns it is trying to buy new Malibu boat. So dealership is assisting in sale of boat.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                            Price is dropping. I would say that boats total value is $15K. You need a new tower and upholstery on most. Have you tried to look up the NADA value?
                            I'm not sure that tach is original either and it has the hour meter in it. Either way I would want the hours verified from the ECU. The pictures show more wear than the hours indicate. Any pics of the motor?
                            Tach looks correct. All the gauges look correct. Same as mine. Well, same as mine used to be.

Comment

Working...
                            X