21 i vs x-9 and wakesetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 i vs x-9 and wakesetter

Looking for feedback on these boats. I am test driving the Tige today, and I would like to hear from owners who use their boat for both wakeboarding and slalom. I have two sons 13 and 17 who will only wakeboard. It look like the 22 i might be a better buy than the x-9 and the wakesetter. I would appreciate any one who has made comparisons of these models.

go to the hit that says 2004 21i

Comment

I was in the same boat 2 years ago. I had the X-9, the Pro Air Nautique, and the 22i all at the lake the same time. I really thought I would buy an X-9 until I spent some time riding and skiing behind the 22i. The seating arrangement and storage speak for itself. Just incredible! The wakeboard wake without ballast is more than adequate for 75% of the wakeboarders out there. The slalom wake is great above 30mph. I have run my 22i in the slalom course and the people that skiied behind thought it was excellent. A little bump crossing the wakes, but not enough to really notice. At 34-36mph the wake is hardly there.
      Just check them all out. I think the X-9 and 22i are both a better value than the Wakesetter, but that's just my .02 The 21i is another great choice, but I just like the seating better in the 22i. Wakes are not much different at all between the two.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I rode in the 21i today, and it was a great ride and a fun boat. I am working with the dealer on the price and they are offering a $2,000 rebate before April 1, It covers the tax, and now I have to decide on options. What options are your favorite on your 22i.

Comment

We have a 22v but the most important options for any Tige is definitely the Perfect Pass. My opinion it was one of the best inventions for a boat. .
          www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

I agree...Perfect Pass is a marriage saver! I also like the heater option because of where I live and having two little ones. Two batteries is convienent as well..........other than that, it cames standard with alot of stuff....I really liked the 21i, but the seating and storage just won me over in the 22i. I can have so much gear as well as extra weight that it is ridiculous. I would ride the 22i and compare them before you commit to the 21i. The wake is VERY similar for both skiing and boarding.

Comment

Yesterday went out on my 03, 21ir. We were doing some fun and having a good ole time when these other guys in a waksetter vlx pulled up. These are the guys that I had been talking online with. Anyway, he wanted a pull behind my boat, wanted to see how the wake was. Anyway, got him up, and he cranked back and let loose on the wake. Oh man, his eyes were the size of silver dollars. He said the wake was about three times the size of the vlx. He loved it. He also then proceeded to do a trantrum, so it was nice The vlx had the stock ballast of about 1000 and I just had two fat sacs beside the engine bay. Just thought 'd let you know.

Dom
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I went out on my first wakesetter vlx yesterday. I wasn't too impressed. We had the stock ballast, plus I brought my two fat sacs, and weighted them to around 300-400 each, and then we had eight people in the boat. I'm guessing we had about 2800 total pounds. The wake was big, and it did through you up in the air. I was getting about 7-8 feet of air, but The top was not very firm, as well as the boat would never plane out. Also, when we tried to go across the lake, it would always porpuise(Spelling is wrong, sorry)

I was just comparing what my wake was like when i've had about 1800 in my boat and it was just as big, and a LOT firmer. I really do like my boat. I know maybe the waksetter wasn't set up right, but I also didn't like the v-drive setup, couldn't see the action very well. Oh well, Just my .02. I'm going out in a brand new wakesetter this week, my friend just bought, so it should be interesting.

Dom
                Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X