Surfing direct drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfing direct drives

Looking to buy a inboard for under 15k, v drive we'll be out of budject so I will have to stick with dd. Main/only focus is wakesurfing! I have locally a tige 1999 21i that I like. But why I created this thread is to find out some of the top direct drive boats for wakesurfing under 15k. Dosnt have to be a tige...I heard supra sunsports are good but there has to be more options...deep v hull ...highfree board... and flat darn heavy boats are good characteristics to have in a surf boat that's why I decided to make a tige forum cause I heard tiges are heavy boats...anyways thanks and drop some comments!!!

The Sunsports and the Tige 2xi can be made to surf pretty well if you weigh them right. It takes some playing with fat sacs to get it right though. I have also seen some decent wakes behind the MC 205's.

Comment

2xi??

Comment

Calling nickypoo! He's done well setting the Tige DD's.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes I felt like I seen his forum before but I couldn't see the pictures because they blocked of the 3rd party idk something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Jared0001 View Post
            Yes I felt like I seen his forum before but I couldn't see the pictures because they blocked of the 3rd party idk something like that
            Yes, Tige made 20i, 22i. I think a 21i etc

Comment

Photobucket is holding links hostage unless the account holder pays up $400 p/year. Someone would have to repost the pics via another means, or pay up. he may not know the links are dead. PM him and ask.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok, anyways I'm looking for the best wakesurf boats under 15k out there? Any sleepers people surf on (dosnt have to be a tige). Thank you!!!

Comment

I think the Ghetto gates have made a huge difference on the DD market.

I don't know much about this one but it seems like a better deal than Delta and others if you don't want ot make it yourself.
                  https://www.tsunamiwakes.com/
                  Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Yes I would use a wakeshaper if I had a boat!they work good!...looking for best wakesurf boat under 15k?

Comment

Originally posted by Credo View Post
                      The Sunsports and the Tige 2xi can be made to surf pretty well if you weigh them right. It takes some playing with fat sacs to get it right though. I have also seen some decent wakes behind the MC 205's.
                      I had a MC 205 for 4 years that we surfed quite a bit. It seemed to not matter how much weight we threw at it, the wave was never very good, especially the goofy side. There was times with that boat that I was genuinely concerned that we were gonna sink it cause of how low we had it in the water. But as crappy as the surf wake was, the wake boarding wake from that boat was really great. I know some guys have had success with that MC 205/205v/X1 hull using a suckgate. Don't need as much ballast and it really seems to clean things up.

I'd pass on a 205 as a surf boat if it was my money. From what I've seen a Sunsport is still about as good as it gets for a DD if you want to surf. As a bonus they can be found really cheap.
                      Last edited by retox1; 08-04-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info!!any have success with old tiges?

Comment

I had a 97 pre2150 and we threw a ton of weight in it but not with good results. That was before wakeshapers though

Comment

Originally posted by Jared0001 View Post
                            Thanks for the info!!any have success with old tiges?
                            Yes, I have in my 2150, made a great wave. I know that a few on here have as well with older dd tiges including teamallen and nickypoo. I would get a Tige 2150 or possibly a older Tige v drive over a sunsport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With a wakeshaper though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X