Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Prop/ referb old one

I need a new prop on my 99 21I

The prop that came with the boat (not sure if its factory or aftermarket) was an OJ 13 13, but was cut and two blades are at 11 and the other two are at 12??? every prop shop and dealer i've talked to cant figure out why. Has anyone heard of this? should I have them all cut to 11 or will I loose too much performance? could have it done as a back up because I don't have one.

What is a good new prop to run on this boat? One shop has told me to go with a 3 blade ACME 15 15.

ACME says the 515 is close to stock but not going to be aggressive enough for what I am doing. His recommendation was the 911 first choice and if I wanted to get a little more top end and a little aggressive I could go with the 525.

also found another problem I need the strut that holds the cutless bearing and drive shaft. Mine is slightly bent.

Comment

Paper weight! Pull that old 4-blade and go with a 3 -blade like the ACME 653 if you want to wake board and surf. I dont think a 15" will fit, as well as I think that engine will struggle to turn a 15 x 15. As a side note, I dont see a 15 x 15 ACME 3 blade. Did they by chance mean part number 515?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

When I talked with my dealer almost a year ago, there was 3 props that were recommended, 911, 525 and 515. The 911 would be for ballasted setups, 525 for slight ballast but best overall performance and the 515 for top end ie skiing. My dealer ended shipping me a 515. For skiing the prop is great, ~3100 rpm at 30-32mph and can still pull the handle out of my hands. Although I am pretty sure I am going to get a 525 as a spare.

Comment

Working...
        X