Storage 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage 22i

I am considering buying a 22i, how much room does the optional ballast system take up as far as storage goes ? Is it worth it ?
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

I haven't heard of anyone going with the optional ballast system. Much easuer to just add sacs to the rear storage lockers and the walkway. then you can remove them at your leisure. Takes time to fill and drain, but it also cheaper than the factory ballast. You may want to check into the Rival Ballast system..........its been getting good reviews.

Comment

I have photos of the factory ballast I will try and upload in the next day or so. I might have to resize them to upload on this site or email them to you personally.
      Karen

Comment

rushin

I have been think about the same thing and after talking to the dealer about the system I have decided to go with an after market system. The dealer said that it would cost around $2000 for the factory system.

After discussing with fellow riders on this site I think that I am leaning towards the Rival Ballast System. I have talked with the company and found out that with thier 4 bag system for the 22I (same boat I have)can add around 1100 pounds and the system would be fully automatic with switches. This system runs about $1300.

Terry at Rival Ballast said that there would be 2 bags in the rear lockers and then 2 custom bags in the storage under the seats in the bow. This would add 1100 pounds. Check out thier website @ http://www.rivalindustry.com. One other thing that I liked about the system is that if you have a mechanical know how you can install it yourself.

Also if you would like some more info check out the thread Rival Ballast Systems

Comment

I have been reading the thread on the rival system, however I am stilll concerned about the storage. Stock vs aftermarket.

Comment

storage

Rushin,
            If you will email me I will send you photos tomorrow. I have a new digital camera and I'm trying to get it set to upload on this site. I have one photo that Dom uploaded for me if you will look under the archives in B'ham Boat Show photos, it shows the factory ballast in the back storage.
            Thanks,
            Karen

Comment

Here is the one image knelems was refering to.
              Attached Files

Comment

In the top picture it looks like the ballast takes up ALOT of the storage area.

Comment

the stock system takes up a ton of room. go with the rival, not only will it take up less room (by a little) when you drain it, you have all of your room back. with the stock system, you will never get your room back, full or empty.

Comment

AS soon as I get my tax refund I'm buying the rival, and plan on installing it in my 03, 21ir, and will take detailed photos step by step. Question I have for Matt or anyone with Tige:

How do I avoid voiding my warrenty when I have to drill the holes in my hull? Thanks

Dom
                    Originally posted by G-MONEY
                    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

domslude, I also have a 03 21i and am very interested in seeing your pictures when you are done. Thanks, mike

Comment

ballast

I also have a 21i and am interested in a ballast setup.
                        joe

Comment

just to keep you guys updated, I ordered my rival wed, and it went out thursday, or maybe I ordered it on tuesday and it went out wed, not sure. Anyway, i'll be installing it myself, but i went a bit further and got optional stuff. I'll explain all of this jaz later, and will take step by step pics for all of the other 21i's. If all my optional stuff works as planned, i'll be putting just under 2000 pounds fully automatic, but I have to see how the other stuff is gonna work. Like I said, will explain more later with pics.

Dom
                          Originally posted by G-MONEY
                          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

cool, thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                            X