Tigè PRE2000WT 1996 wake for learner slalom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigè PRE2000WT 1996 wake for learner slalom

Hello everyone, just joined here. Looking at buying a 96 pre2000wt. Looks in pretty good condition at 320hrs. Unfortunately can't test it on the water without big effort. Also not a common boat here in New Zealand.
    Can someone tell me what the wake is like for these at the slower speeds for slalom skiing?
    I'm skiing the course at 46km (29mph) With My Wife just starting to slalom at about 40km (25) plus kids will be on the single ski soon.
    Also keen to hear other opinions on this boat, what it is like for wake boarding with the taps up? Any problems to watch out for on these boats?
    Thanks, Scott

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I have a 97 2150 so little bit larger hull. Far as slalom goes they are great boats. The flat bottom in the back will knock the wake down for you when taps is down.

Can you at least get a fake-a-lake and start the boat on the trailer? (just don't put it in gear on the trailer it will kill the cutlass bearing in the strut support)

The bow of these boats sits low so just watch it crossing a big wave if not under throttle. I wakeboard and surf behind my boat. Might not be as big of a wave or wake as some but I like it. I did add a tower for wakeboarding vs pulling off the ski pylon. Keep it maintained and it will last a long time.

Comment

Thanks Ruger. Has just been imported, but they are at the sea and trailer not certfied yet. Don't want to dip boat and trailer in salt water after 20 years of fresh. Been run and serviced by them. We are 2 hours drive away. I am keen to get it down thou. Loving looking through this forum and seeing all the great boats and locations. Winter here so not so much skiing at the moment.

Comment

I just finished a motor rebuild on my 96 PRE2200 and have logged about 10 hours so far.
        It is a very nice and I'm happy so far!

Here is the wake at 25-28 mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, taking it out for a run on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Post some pics of it if you buy it.

Comment

Hi guys, here are a couple of pics of the 96 pre 200 WT that Zenith mentioned above.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Took it for a test run. Went pretty well. At 40kph-25mph it has a bit of a step on the wake and also needed a bit more work to get it to track well. Think Taps was full up. 43, 46 and 49kph (27 to 30) was pretty good. Bit of white water but fairly soft. Boat tracked much better in the course.
                Had a quick wakeboard. Was a nice clean wake. Not big, but no ballast. Enough to say the kids will be able to board behind it. Be interested to see how usable it is with weight and setting it up. Should be a good family boat.

Comment

That's the boat that made me want a Tige. Just a good looking boat. Taps should be around 2 for the course.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks. Had to find an image for a taps gauge to see where you meen. This one has no numbers

Comment

We are now proud Tigé owners! Picked the boat up today after they had rekitted the Carb and fixed a few minor bits of gel coat. Hopefully get it out this weekend for a midwinter ski. Will post some pics. Looking forward to summer and weekends and holidays at the lake.

Comment

Congrats. Post up some slalom shots when you get a chance.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Congratulations! That is fantastic and I can't wait to see those slalom picks also.
                          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Congrats, for a moment there I thought you may have ended up with my old boat. I traded in a 96 pre2000 in Phoenix AZ and I know it was sent to your part of the world a couple years ago.

Comment

I had to sacrifice a workbench in my garage for it to fit... but was a willing sacrifice....
                              Is there a way you can trace the registration number that was stuck on the side of the hull (not the Tige hull number), would be cool if we could figure out a bit of its history.
                              Rego - CF 4503 NX

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X