Can Somebody Explain "Limited" To Me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Somebody Explain "Limited" To Me??

So I've got a 2003 22i limited... Says it right on the side under the windshield. However, nadaguides.com doesn't show a limited 22i in 2003. They show a 22i type r/sk, and a 22i/sk.. The later of which, when optioned out the same, seems to be worth about $1000 more in their eyes.. I get that the type r would be riders edition, but what does the sk mean? Where does a "limited" boat fall into this line up? Was "limited" designated for boats with some sort of upgrade or for boats that had limited options, therefore cheaper? Is a riders edition the bottom model? Anybody know some history on these boats?

It describes the food options that remain available to you after you pay for a new boat. Think of it as a rare bit of honesty in advertising.

Comment

Means it's limited. As in only a few million were made. It's very rare.

Comment

I've never seen sk as a designation before. Riders Editions were the cheaper models where everything was an option. Mostly just the interior package was the big ticket item. Limited Editions had much nicer interiors and basically came with most every option they offered. You'll see Riders Editions with limited interiors all the time. Go back 80s Chevy trucks and it's the difference between a Custom Deluxe and a Silverado.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nickypoo - so if the riders is the low end and the limited is the higher end, is your fox edition even higher? I would assume it would be even more rare..

I'm not at all trying to sell, but for example.. Nadaguides says the '03 22i/sk with my options and trailer would have an average retail of $27,800.. Being that I have a "limited" could I then reasonably expect to ask more than that? Are people paying this much for these older boats? Now I know a boat is worth what somebody will pay and the market for this boat is probly nowhere near this number, but this guide is pulling it out of somewhere right? I'm wondering if the guide is flawed...
          Last edited by Bryan; 05-11-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

In 2003 the difference between Riders and Limited where the graphics on the side.

Comment

The Fox editions were even more rare. My Fox "package" consisted entirely of a little Fox sticker on each side. Pretty silly.

I'm not sure you could get another grand out of having an honest to god Limited but, that is definitely what I told my insurance guy.

No one is paying $27k for an old d-drive these days.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
              X