2001 20i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 20i

Hey everyone, so I have been looking for a tige 20i and I think I may have found the one. It's a 2001 20i and the owner says that it has been meticulously kept and has always been stored indoors and the oil changes and winterizations have always been professionally done. The only thing that concerns me is that the engine has 600 hours. I knows its not the end of the world. I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers for what to look for when I go to check it out. Any advice in general about the 20i would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

600 hours on a 15 year old boat dont scare me, but 100 hours would. Thats 40ish a season. Enjoyed and taken care of can be better than not used and left to deteriorate.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

X2 above, pictures? Lake test, lake test, lake test before you buy. He may ask for a deposit to lake test which is fair, but if he won't allow a lake test I would be weary as to why. Do a good once over on the trailer as well.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

600 hours on that engine wouldn't be a concern for me. I had an 01 20i and loved the boat until we had kids, then it was too small for us. 4 adults was about the max I wanted in mine. Perfect slalom wake or even a good wakeboard wake behind that boat and a great footer boat!

Only thing I didn't like about mine is they are extremely low in the water and tend to dip if the driver doesn't know how to run it. They don't do well in rough chop and our lake is constantly choppy so that was some of the reason for selling. Also had issues with the MPI vapor locking from time to time and its pretty common on these engines. Several forums on here that will fix or reduce the vapor issues though. Otherwise I had 400ish hours on it when I sold to a friend and the boat is still running strong. I had more positives with my 20i then negatives just grew out of it was all.

Upholstery will probably be in need of replacement with that age of a boat.

Comment

Welcome to the site! Let us know more about it.
          I don't even think my 97 has that many hours? Sounds like you found a gem.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
          X