first boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first boat

Hello, I just bought a 1999 21i and I am looking for general knowledge about it. I need a trailer ASAP due to massive amounts of rust, I am a wake board and wake surf enthusiast so looking into ballast tanks, also grew up on boats but I am a first time owner so anything I might need to know that will come in handy.

thanks

Congrats and welcome to the site!! You should be able to pump a decent wakeboard wake out of it surfing may take some work. Look up Chpthril on here he is the local ballast expert and owner of Mikes Liquid Audio he is all things marine and Tige. He will get that thing weighted out for you properly. Pictures pictures pictures!
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Congrats on the boat. We need pics of it though otherwise it never happened. Pics will tell us a lot. Try to get a least one of each of the important areas. An over all, one of the motor, one of the transom, one underneath, one of the helm and a couple of the interior. This will come in handy later and will also be sort of a time capsule.

There's a lot to know. The first would be how to spend money. Next would be how spend more money. Hopefully you won't have to. We'll certainly point you in the right direction when you do though. A new trailer is a big one. Yikes.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

If you really want to get down on a ballast project, this might give you some ideas.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ead&highlight=

Comment

Congrats on the boat! Ballast all depends on what you want to spend and what you want it to do.

Comment

Congratulations! Not sure where you are but I will be getting rid of my 24V trailer. Here are some pics here:
            http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Need-a-Trailer

The builder of new trailer inspected my old one and said it was structurally sound especially for box tube (they mainly use C channel). They told me that the trailers are relatively easy to modify to fit different tournament style boats. Take a look at the pics in the thread and let me know if you are interested. My new trailer should be done next week I think.
            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

As far as a trailer i would contact your local dealer, most are also independent Boatmate dealers, as it is cheaper for us to get a trailer from boatmate then Tige. Also don't be afraid to ask the local Malibu, masterCraft etc dealer for the same trailer so you can get the best possible price tag.

Comment

I will get some picture up at the end of next week, would have them sooner but I am out of town. so far I have noticed the previous owner just drove it around and didn't care about taking care of it. The exhaust was leaking tons of water all he needed to do was tighten the clamps, the blower was disconnected in 3 different places I replaced all the hosing to make sure it was safe, the steering wheel was so stiff it took two hands to turn the wheel I replaced the rack and pinion and cable and now only takes 1 finger to move, many hours in cleaning interior, needs another few coats of wax to shine like I want it to, and the stereo was all taken apart wires everywhere but all the equipment was there and the wiring was correct just needed to but put together properly... I have put all of my friend that want to come out on the lake to work so i don't have to tackle it all on my own
                Has anyone had an issue with the rear storage blowing open on the freeway mine did the other day and bent the struts, luckily they didn't break so I still have the cover but need to figure out a way to keep it locked at freeway speed. the latches on both sides have been working great and smooth with the release lever.

thanks for the info so far!

Comment

To keep the locker shut I run a rope from pylon to rear tow point and tie it down. Use my throwable to pad the rope going over the locker so it doesn't hurt the vinyl. The latch just isn't a real great latch for going down the hwy.

Comment

^^^I used to run a bungy cord through the pull strap on the latch behind and under the seat and then hooked it to the bottom edge of the dog house. I don't have to anymore.

Comment

FYI GoodTimes, the Mead reunion is at the end of the year. Only a few rooms left if you are interested.

Thread is under general mead 16'
                      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
                      X