Engine Getting Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Getting Hot

Took my 05 22i Riders Edition out on the lake last weekend. Ran all day Saturday wakeboarding and surfing with some knee boarding mixed in there. The engine never got over around 150 degrees. Went back out Sunday morning for a few hours. On the way out to our spot I noticed the temp was around 175 and climbing. At idle the temp would drop to normal but while running the temp would rise sometimes above 200. Now the lake was kinda dirty from previous rains so there were sticks and debris floating around. Could I have picked up something in the intake or could the impeller be bad? Thanks,

I would take cover off the impeller and take a look. Table Rock been nasty here too and I have been checking mine before taking out (strainer to be added this winter). I use my phone to take a pic since I can't get my head back to see. If it's clean then I would disconnect hose from tranny cooler. It's the first cooler in the system and has little holes that could easily get clogged. It's on the starboard side below your exhaust manifold. You'll have to remove the storage wall and have a screw driver handy. Easy to do but at take some wiggling if hasn't been seperated before.
    If that is clean I would start before the v-drive and follow the hose taking it apart and checking for blockage. It does sound like there is blockage or bad impeller. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X