Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 21i alarm

Hey,

We were out on the lake today and got a long steady alarm after idling threw a no wake zone 10 ft from our slip. We had a bunch of hydrilla on our prop (happens everytime we take it out now), so I always jump in and clean the prop before we run the boat for the day.

After I cleaned the prop, the alarm went away. We rode all day, skied a little Amd then at the end of the day the Adam came back. We were really close to our slip so we went back, and stopped for a moment to let the kids swim one last time.

The , the motor wouldnt start. Turned over fine, but must not be getting fuel. I've had fuel issues in the last, but thought they were rectified.

Not sure what to make of all this.

Tomorrow I plan to check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail, but I think the starting and alarm aren't related.

Any suggestions?

Chuck

Looks like I solved the fuel issue....bad butt connector on my fuel pump that supplies the fuel rail.

I put a pressure tester on my fuel rail, and it was reading zero. Used a voltage meter to test all the connectors with the key in first position. I was getting power every where, but the pump wasn't. Played with connector a little bit, then the pump cycled, and I had pressure on the rail again. Now boat fires right up.

I'm going to replace the but connector so I don't run into this issue again out on the water.

As for the alarm, not sure what that was, I'll see if it happens again today when we go out later.

Chuck

Comment

Steady alarm is only from one of these items: overheat, low oil pressure, high trans temperature, and in some cases low voltage. Which motor do you have.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI

Temp has been steady at 175, and we ran it today for about 30-40 minutes til the rain moved in with no alarms.

Thanks!!

Comment

Glad you found, repaired and posted the posted your problem. It might help me or someone else
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Hey everyone,

Had the alarm again tonight....we pulled my son on the tube for about 10 minutes, then stopped to get him back in the boat. Started the boat, and the alarm came on. Crept at idle, then it stopped. Didn't come back on again.

All gauges were good.

Hmmmmmmm.

Comment

could possibly be trans temp then theres an easy way around that run one wire to your temp gauge to a switch and then run two seporate wires from that switch to temp sensors on the motor and tranny and you can switch between the temp gauges and watch the temp or just add a tranny temp gauge either way you want trick i learned from hot rods http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/.../gauge_pod.htm that link will tell you everything you need and how to wire the switch

Comment

Changed the impeller, and the alarm went away. The alarm must be more sensative than my gauge.

Comment

then if i was you i would be chunking that gauge for another one that is one gauge you want working and accurate

Comment

Excellent point. Anyone know where to look for replacement gauges?

Comment

if it has ferina gauges i think is how you spell it i believe they have a lifetime warrenty but you could try changing the sending unit also it may not be the gauge the sending unit will more then likely go out before the gauge sorry meant to point that out yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X