1994 Tige 2002 fslm Custom Restoration photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Tige 2002 fslm Custom Restoration photos

Though you guys on this website might like to see this restoration I did on a 1994 2002 FSLM. I found this boat about a year ago. It had sat for about 8 years after the owner passed away and as you can see in the below photos it was pretty sun killed. But One thing about the Tige is that it was ahead of its time in 1994. I remember seeing these on the water back in the day and thinking how nice they looked so I knew it had potential.

What got me into this project is I had budgeted about 20k to buy a boat and it shocked how little I could get for my money. What I realized is with new wakeboard boats being 50-130K nice used boats are still 30-70k. So 20k will only get you a 12+ year old boat with signs of aging. I like all my stuff to be super clean and nice so nothing was appealing to me. One night while I was looking on craiglist, I saw this hammered boat and decided to go take a look at how bad it really was. Started thinking maybe I could restore this boat and have something that is custom. I like fixing old things up. I have quite a few restored motorcycles I have done over the years. So I went to take a look. When I got there it looked horrible but as I dug deeper it wasn't as bad as it looked. The engine had been replaced only about a 100hr ago and under the leaves the hull was in perfect condition. So it had a solid foundation but EVERYTHING NEEDED TO BE REDONE. I figured for my 20k I could have a brand new looking boat with a little bit of hard work. So after some negotiations with the seller, I bought my first boat to restore. It took me about year and I estimate about 300-400 hours personally to restore this boat. I outsourced the gel coat and carpet/interior work but that is it. What was amazing as I got into the project is how high of quality the structure these boats really have. You can tell they really spent the extra time and money on the building of the hull and materials used. All the plywood and fiberglass work was in perfect condition. I wonder if that was just Tige or were all the hull using this model that well done. I did blow the budget pretty well but you know how that goes. It is for sale for 21K as I have my eye on another project so if your interested let me know 480-293-4377

Hope you enjoy the photos! let me know what you think.

Below is how I described it in the classified:

Classified Description
    The boat was completely disassembled. It has been gel coated( not painted) by eliminators gel coat. Complete new interior that is a two tone grey with new carpet throughout. Motor was completely gone through. The motor was replaced by the previous owner so only have about 100hr. The boat sat for about 8 years after the previous owner passed away so I had the motor completely overhauled. Runs prefect!!! I installed the top of the line Ariel Wakeboard tower with 4 6.5"speaker and racks that hold both wakesurf/wakeboards. Nice thing is the tower folds down behind the windshield so you can tow with it doan and also fit in any garage. Windshield has been tinted and repainted. Clarion Marine radio with 2000 watt 4 channel Amp, total of six speakers in the boat. Trailer has been stripped and painted with epoxy paint. New trailer carpet. New trailer tires. Bearing replaced. bunch of other little things.

Description:
    Tige 20.5 open bow
    Chevy 350-260hp
    New Gel Coat
    New Interior
    New carpet though out(everywhere!)
    Polished tower with speakers and racks
    Clarion M503 with 2000watt Amy
    Tinted windows
    new gauges
    refinished teak swim step
    whole back of the boat is a cooler with lock and one under the front seat.
    tandem axle trailer-new paint, new carpet, new hardware

20140803_190721.jpg20140803_190712.jpg20140803_165127.jpg20140803_113141.jpg20140829_094448.jpg20140829_094432.jpg20140829_094406.jpg20140829_094358.jpg20140822_150841.jpgimage1 (1).jpg

Boat looks great man good luck with your sale!!!

Comment

Long live the DD!!! Great restoration!n Your attention to detail really shows.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Wow.. amazing.. Where those Tigé emblems purchase through Tigé?? I wan't to take my graphics off and add those to mine... Looks sicks man.. Great job!

Comment

Those emblems are on the tige store website. they added a nice touch and also i figure would answer the question what type of boat it is.

Comment

WOW That looks great. Great job . What is the towers make model etc and can it take a bimmi top .

Comment

It looks like an Aerial FrreRide tower.
              http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/...reeride-pa.asp

Here is their bimini.
              http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/wa...t-frbim-bk.htm
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by aussie john View Post
                WOW That looks great. Great job . What is the towers make model etc and can it take a bimmi top .
                He is right that it is a Ariel Freeride but go with someone else if you want a tower. They were the worst company to deal with. They let me order the tower and didnt tell me it was back order. Kept hearing two weeks for 3 months. when i finally get the tower it didnt have the bimini. After 120 days I turned them in to my credit card and got a refund for the bimini. Also, the tower was poorly polished(could still see sanding scratches), had to spend extra $300 to get it actually polished correctly. So i wouldn't recommend them.

Comment

Beautiful job on that boat. Good luck with the sale!

Comment

how did you get the wraparound bow cushion out? ghats the last piece i have to redo, but i cant figure out how to get it loose.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X