Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting issues on 2004 22I

Hello,

I have a new to me 2004 22I. I bought it with about 280 hours and the first 20+ times I started it ran great. I went to start it a few days ago and with the key in the on position all the gauges come up, buzzer beeps but when I go to turn it over there is nothing. If I leave the key on and arc the starter it fires right up and runs great.

I found a fuse coming off the ignition under the dash and its good.

Does anyone know if there is any other fuses I can look for?

Welcome to the site! Post up a picture of your boat when you get a chance.
    A couple of things I can think of. Double check the throttle and make sure it's not in gear. Does it have a kill switch wrist strap thing?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
      Does it have a kill switch wrist strap thing?
      Kill switch should prevent it from starting and running, but he says it starts fine if he arcs past the starter solenoid. So I think his kill switch is OK.

Do you have a voltmeter? I would confirm that you get voltage on the COIL of the solenoid when you turn the key to the start position. If you do, then it's likely the solenoid needs to be replaced. Hope that's it, because it's an easy and relatively inexpensive fix.

Comment

Figured it out today, there is a switch near the transmission that will prevent the motor from turning over if it's in gear. It is wired from the ignition to the starter. The wire on the starter side had come out of the crimped oring. Put a new one on and tightened it down and vroom. All good.

Comment

Excellent, glad it was that easy!

Comment

20140421_102626.jpg2014-04-20 21.35.02.jpg20140408_135119.jpg20140406_131022.jpg

Comment

Spring in Colorado, chilly but cool!

ds dales surf.jpgds jump tige.jpgds surf.jpg

Comment

Awsome pictures. Thanks for posting the problem and fun pictures. That second one, wakboarding on the river, near the road is really cool.
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Suggestion: Use a tyrap to secure that wiring harness to something, perhaps that hard fluid line next to it in the photo. Boats are big fat vibration machines, so wires can be "worked" over time and eventually break. If you tyrap the harness back a few inches you'll strain relieve it to something solid and the little loop heading toward those ring connectors won't wiggle nearly as much.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Glad your enjoying the boat man...Welcome to Tige Owners!!!!!

Comment

Is that Sloans lake?

Comment

The 2nd and 3rd pictures are from Sloans. Last ones are from chatfield.

Are you in Denver?

Comment

Working...
                        X