Props ... What are you guys running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props ... What are you guys running?

Got an 02 22i stock 350 that im wanting to upgrade the prop. I believe the boat still has stock prop. I have been looking at acme and oj props. Just wanted you guys opinion and see what setup you guys are running. We mainly surf and run about 4 to 6 people in the boat not including kids. and about 400 to 600 ballast. I just want a smooth steady pull with some torque.

3 blade or 4 blade? Make /Model?

I've got a 05 22i and I've been running the 3 blade acme 525, very pleased with it as far as an all round prop goes for surfing, pulling tubes, and top end speed.

Comment

For your DD, an ACME 3 blade is the way to go over a 4 blade. A 653 is a popular upgrade to the stock prop, which is often a 4 blade stainless steel. At what elevation do you normally boat at?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Elavation I dont know? lol Im in north east Texas so wouldnt consider thats high elavation. I am in no way interested in pulling a skier so top end is of no concern. Obviously I dont want to peg out my rpms with a light load. after more research i have narrowed it down to the 911,653,or 525. My question is which one of those will give me the broadest power band if that makes sense? I dont have perfect pass so when pulling a wakeboarder I have to work the throttle. Not much as my throttle seems to hold it pretty staedy on its own. But i assume this can only get better. i want a prop that will have a smooth pull out of the gate with good hole shot. 80% surf 10% tube 10% wake usually no less than 4 adults and 700 lbs of ballast while surfing.. Will probably add closer to 1000 here pretty soon maybe a little more. With that being said experienced guys... which prop would you choose of those 3?

also i see there is a 1231 which is similar spec to the 3 mentioned but have seen no posts about anyone using it?
        Last edited by DirtNasty; 02-27-2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

The 650 and the 1231 are both 13" dia, but the 1231 is .5 lower in pitch. On paper, this will equal higher RPM, but its probably not that much in real world use. Im not sure what the cup is of the 1231 compared to the 653. This might wash the pitch diff, with no increase in top end RPM.

Oh, if you cant tell, im for the 653
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks for the response!

Comment

I put a 653 on my boat years ago. It was the best upgrade I ever made. It made a noticeable difference and woke the boat up. Probably what it was supposed to be like? I never put the old prop on again. It seemed like a new boat to me. We have only recently started adding ballast for surfing so I am no expert on that yet, but we're trying. We ski, board and tube without any problems.
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Oh yah, there is a group buy, on a new Perfect Pass system, currently going on at PN.
                http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...Pass-Group-Buy
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks ! .. looks like I will be ordering a 653 I will let you guys know how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
                  X