Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth Sounder 2200i

Merry Christmas All,

Got a new depth sounder for Christmas and was just wondering everyone's preference on Thru-hull or transom mount? Its going on a 1998 Tige 2200I, brand of the depth sounder is Faria. Any input on drilling thru-hull?

Thanks

I just got one and epoxied it to the bottom of my 98 2100v. No drilling, EZ wire management, accurate, works great. I wouldn't start drilling things until you are sure the expoxied on one does not work. Love mine

Comment

Some require a drilled hull and some will read thru the hull. Sounds like your new one needs to be drilled. Drilling isn't a big issue. Make sure you have a nice clear spot on top and bottom to get to. Center punch you hole to keep the bit from drifting. Drill in reverse and take it slow. Take some sand paper or drimmel and chamfer the edges of the hole keep the gelcoat from cracking. Sill it on up with some good adhesive and you will be good to go.

Comment

Thru hulls are easy as explained above but transom mount or in-hull would be just fine for a faria gauge.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

On my bass boats I have gone both ways and they work just fine. If it will work epoxied to the floor then that is the way I would go. If you drill use the instructions above. Good advise.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
          X