Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel leak

Hi Tigeowners

While getting my boat ready for winter storage I found FUEL in the bilge under the engine mixed with the water in there. The whole boat smelled very bad of gas fumes. I have then changed all my fuel lines and cleaned the boat up.
    After 2 days drying outside the boat still smelles very bad. All the fuel lines are dry and i cant see any dripping.
    Thinking about it i remember that the last few runs in it i had some problems getting it to take gas while cold. As soon as it was hot it ran fine rest of the day..

Im thinking the next step is to lift the tank and check it for leaks?
    Any suggestions for what to check please let me know

My boat is a 2002 Tige 21i type R. With 5.7 ski carb.

maybe take a look at this... might be worth reading at the least.

http://www.uscgboating.org/regulatio...rds_partq.aspx
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I found the problem. Last night i pulled the tank and could see it had a leak in the bottom where its touching some rubber strips. Rest of the tank looks healthy. Can it be repaired or does this mean a new Tank? I dont think its gonna be easy to buy a Tige tank here in europe

Comment

NEW TANK!!! DO NOT TRY AND REPAIR!!! Go with polyethylene and look at moellermarine.com website for a tank with similar dimensions, they should have one that is available.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

What are the dimensions of you old tank?
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't have the dimensions right now, I'll try and meassure it the next time im at the boat. moellermarine.com looks good but it might be a problem with Shipping and such that im located in Europe (Denmark).

Comment

FWIW, I run a Moeller tank in my boat. I still have the original in perfect condition. Maybe its time for to do the NICKYPOO ballast mod.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

If you know any good Europe tank manufactor shops let me know. First check for shipping to Denmark was way to expensive

Comment

I finaly found the dimensions.
                  L 186cm W 56cm H 16cm
                  In Inches 73,2 22 6,3
                  Last edited by Ulrik; 11-06-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X