X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tige 21i owner

Hi everyone,

I just picked up an 02 tige 21i.

I've spent many hours lurking already - what a fantastic site!

I bought this boat at an auction (gulp), and it's in need of a ton of tlc. I've had it running on the trailer - so far so good - but it's got it's issues.

The biggest issue so far is the port side swim platform attachment. It's a little soft. The port side of the platform flexes quite a bit. Enough that it's cracked the fiberglass on the transom at the bottom of the fitting that attaches to the transom. Its a little beyond my capabilities so I'll have a repair shop evaluate it for me.

When I ran it the digital hour meter on the tach reads "engine 14.5". Sounds strange. New motor perhaps? Is there another hour meter that I missed somewhere?

I have a lot of cleaning ahead of me and the decals on the side of the hull are pretty bashed up. I think I'll source some new ones or depending on how I make out overall I may consider wrapping the boat next year.

Also, does anyone know if there Is an app for viewing this forum? If not is there a way the mods can set it up to be viewed on 'tapatalk' or 'forumrunner' or something similar?

Thanks!
    Greg

Congrats and welcome. Post some pics

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the Tige clan.

Hour meter: the engines hours are stored in the ECM. It can be scanned to confirm. The gauge also counts the hours, but it can reset during a low battery voltage event. Thats probably why it only shows 14.

APP: I view and post on an Android with no app just fine. If you do a search, there was a thread going in RE to tapatalk, but not sure of the outcome.

Post some pics when you can.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87e968c1.jpg
        http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1100d0ca.jpg

Comment

Well, it floats! And runs! Quite well I might add... Super stoked

Gel coat is pretty beat up

Comment

Congrats. I have the same boat. Love it

Comment

Ereed, thanks. How do you use yours mostly?

Do you surf at all? If so what is your ballast setup like?

Comment

we mostly surf. With help from chpthril I plumbed in a sac in the back locker I think its a about 700ibs. Then I took out the back seat and fill another one. Its about 650ibs. Then I have another one in the front about 400 ibs. Then what ever side we are surfing on we put one on that side next to the motor. We get a pretty good wake. I have had people stop and want to surf behind it. My problem is is that my lakeis not very deep. But when we are on deep lakes we love it.
                Attached Files

Comment

trying to find a good pic

Comment

Hour meter: the engines hours are stored in the ECM. It can be scanned to confirm. The gauge also counts the hours, but it can reset during a low battery voltage event. Thats probably why it only shows 14.

-----------------------
                    Weeds Season 8 DVD says hello to all of TV fans!

Comment

Working...
                    X