No announcement yet.

1999 2100i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a '99 2100i with the 350 MAG with fuel injection & it has 315 hp. 950 hrs on the motor and it runs like a dream. Impeller is about an hour job and the boat seats 9 but not when water skiing. 5 seems to be a good number for that.

Comment

Thanks for the information. 9 seating is adequate. Rarely would I want that many on an inboard, but with lots of little kids in the family it is nice to have the option to load it up and still be legal. Based on your description of the impeller change, it seems similar to my prior PCM engine.

Regarding HP, I'll probably have to go take a look. As a barefooter, anything less than 300hp would probably not have quite enough top end on this sized boat. A few mph makes a big difference. I am surprised they were still intalling carbureted engines in 1999. Glad to hear you're at 950+ hours and still running strong. This boat has less than 300, so lots of life left. I'll post pics if I pick it up.

Comment

90% of these old Tiges have the 350 Mag MPI which is rated at 315hp. The impeller is easy IMO. It should take an hour if you are doing it on a Friday night while having a couple beers. If you need to get it done pronto, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

530hrs on mine and it purrs like a kitten.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

As a follow-up to the information above, I received the HIN from the seller and contacted the factory who was able to pull up the records for this particular boat. He confirmed that the factory installed engine was a 300HP EFI engine in this 1999. They informed that that in 2000 they changed the electronics and bumped the base EFI engine up to 315HP.

The options in 1999 were 275HP Carbureted, 300HP EFI, and 330HP EFI (Black Scorpion). It is tough to track down information on these older Tiges, so I appreciate the input from you guys.

Comment

Working...
          X