New to Tige, new to site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Tige, new to site.

Hey all, been browsing here for a little while and Just picked myself up a 1993 Tige. It's the first boat I've owned and I'm ecstatic. Here's a pic to kick it off. What should I know about my new baby. Not new to the water but fresh to direct drives.
    Joe
    Last edited by Hotrod20s; 07-18-2012, 04:05 AM. Reason: Delete bad link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82887894@N03/7594976994/
    Last edited by Hotrod20s; 07-18-2012, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Interesting tower.

Who's is the other boat?

Congrats and Welcome to the site.

Is that a Dodge?

Comment

Its an Aerial freeride

The new Tige belongs to the guy I bought mine from.

Ya they're both dodges..

Comment

Welcome. I think that tower is pretty sik if you ask me. boat looks really good for a 93. trailer needs a touch of love. but the ride looks great.
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Good looking ride

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Let's see. Repaint or wrap? The boat used to be blue? New interior? Any more pics? I think that's the first Freeride I've seen on an old Tige.

You will be able to turn in reverse so long as you want to turn right. Watch the bow if you are in idle. It will ride really low and will have a tendency to take water over it.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Welcome. That's a great looking boat.
                Things to know about DD:
                The Bad-
                Like Nickypoo said, don't plan on doing anything in reverse except making a slow right turn.
                Shallow water is much scarier now than it was before if you were in an I/O or outboard.
                Getting a line in the prop is a much bigger PITA now.

The Good-
                This boat is going to track really well compared to the I/Os.
                You can turn on a dime. (Just try not to throw your passengers out)

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the site. I can remember driving that model in 93 at the Long Beach boat show. Great Boat! X2 on watching the bow it is deceptively low.

Comment

The matte black is paint. Was originally blue. I think I'm going to go with it with some simple black and white graphic over it. Interior is original and is showing its age a bit. I think I'm going to pickup a freeride Bimini to go with the tower. And was also thinking about the freeride twin speaker can for it. Will pull the Polk out of the cans to replace the cabin speakers, and put a set of kicker 6500.2 back into the cans. Only picture I have at the minute. Picking it up Saturday and will take plenty more.

Planning to strip and sandblast the trailer at work someday. Paint it black, replace the wheels and led all the lights.

Comment

If painting the trailer is on the someday list, think about spraying it with a bedliner material. A few discussions on here about it. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
                        Welcome. I think that tower is pretty sik if you ask me. boat looks really good for a 93. trailer needs a touch of love. but the ride looks great.
                        Even tought you have Dodges Welcome !! LOL
                        Life is good...
                        Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Actually I roll a Ford and a Chevy. Never have owned a dodge. Those are the previous owner 's and a buddy of his

Comment

Working...
                          X