Steady Alarm Mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steady Alarm Mystery

My 2004 22i with 335 fuel injected engine is sounding a steady alarm once the boat is running at 3500 rpm. Mechanic says engine temp good, transmission temp good and oil pressure good. Turn boat off, start back up and alarm will stop until you run up to 3500 rpm. Strainers all checked and clear.

Can anyone give me a clue on what might be causing the alarm? Mechanic is stumped.

Oil level too high causing it to foam/aerate?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Steady Alarm Mystery

Thanks for the tip. I'll check the oil level. If it foams or aerates does it make for a high temp engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
        Thanks for the tip. I'll check the oil level. If it foams or aerates does it make for a high temp engine?
        Not that you will see on the gauge. What temp are you seeing on the gauge?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Steady Alarm Mystery

The gauge reads 140
          The mechanic is getting 136 with a laser?? Temp gauge

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
            The gauge reads 140
            The mechanic is getting 136 with a laser?? Temp gauge
            That sounds about right to me. You tech needs to scan it for codes and also drive it to the RPM range where the alarm come on and watch the data.

Comment

Steady Alarm Mystery

Thanks for guiding me on this. I am going to have the local dealer hook it up to a laptop and check all the sensors. I'll let you know what we discover.

Comment

I'm going with trans cooler problem...
                Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Just got the report from the mechanic after connecting to computer. It was the "knock sensor" that had been unplugged. Once it was connected the alarm would not sound. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X