Cabin speaker placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin speaker placement

I just purchased the boat and it doesn't have cabin speakers, just the tower speakers. I'm looking at a small amp that will run 4 6.5" speakers and one small sub. I'm planning on putting by the drivers feet and two of the 6.5 speakers just ahead of the rear seat. Where to put the front ones? in the passage to the bow? Anyone have any pics of where they put their speakers?

Oh, boat is 1993 pre2002 open bow.

thanks

My 97 has 2 right in front of the back seat on the sides. Then 1 front one by the throttle handle. The other is in the fiberglass under the passenger seat close to the side wall to miss the built in cooler thats under that seat. If I can remember I will shoot some pictures for you. So if riding in bow cant hear them to well but tower and tower speakers are next so that will help some for the bow.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbillyboy View Post
      I just purchased the boat and it doesn't have cabin speakers, just the tower speakers. I'm looking at a small amp that will run 4 6.5" speakers and one small sub. I'm planning on putting by the drivers feet and two of the 6.5 speakers just ahead of the rear seat. Where to put the front ones? in the passage to the bow? Anyone have any pics of where they put their speakers?

Oh, boat is 1993 pre2002 open bow.

thanks
      WickedCummins has a bunch of used amps for sale.

Comment

The only spot that you dont get the best sound is sitting on passenger seat due to the height of that speaker but the rest sound good even for being older speakers.

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Comment

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. You're happy with the sound? Also, how did you cut the holes in the vinyl and the fiberglass?

Comment

I actually bought it that way. I think it sounds good that way. I have it on my list after the tower to replace the old speakers though. If your starting from scratch then you can go with hole saw, rotozip, jig saw. The vinyl needs to be cut back first before you cut the fiberglass or it will wad up on the blade and rip, same with the padding underneath. Just start by cutting it back a little at a time so you dont over do it. A hole saw makes an easy install for holes IMO. You can cut the vinyl a little in an x pattern and get the hole saw behind it before, then cut the fiberglass. Once you have the hole I like to tuck the vinyl into the hole then install the speaker to hold it tight.

Comment

It seems that there is a "dead" or inaccessible area in front of the driver feet.

1. is it possible to access this area?
              2. can i just mount a subwoofer toward the top of the bulkhead at the driver's feet?

thanks
              Jason

Comment

I have a simi dry area in that spot wiht a door that opens to the walkway (pre2150 vs 2002). Most do mount the sub under the helm by the drivers feet, just have to figure out what works best for your arrangement and sub.

Comment

Working...
                X