No announcement yet.

Taps doesn't clean up the wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i tryed going faster and using the taps and it just don't clean it up at all just brings the nose of the boat up..... 20-21 mph is where the wake is the best and biggest without the taps with my 1300# of ballast so i thinking this TAPS system is a joke.

Comment

and the line is 75ft if i run faster than 21 the wake gets smaller so its doesnt work.. looks like i just gotta deal with it

Comment

That's a lot of line. You might be boarding in the wrong spot all together. Is your wake cleaner closer to the boat? It should be. We usually ride at 60' or 65'

Comment

If you get closer to the boat you can also slow down to make a bigger wake without it getting so wide that you can't clear it.

Comment

if i shorten the rope i will be getting the prop wash in my face and if i shorting it the jump and the tricks are much quicker and smaller so theirs no time for anything..

Comment

If you are getting prop wash in your face at 65' you've got all kinds of problems.
              I actually spend more time in the air when I'm on a shorter line because I can get more pop and more height. If I have a farther distance to travel to land on the transition, I have to put more energy into going left or right and less into going up.

Also, if you want to drop your speed, you can get your wake to be the same width at a shorter distance behind the boat as it was at a longer distance previously, and it will be steeper.

Just keep messing with the TAPS, ballast, speed and line length and you'll find something you're happy with, at least temporarily.

Comment

Working...
              X