Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 22i

Hi all,
    a friend has a Tige. His english isn't too good so I'm trying to help him find some info.
    As far as he knows his boat is a 2001 22i. Here's 2 pics.

I just read on this forum they changed the hull in 2001, therefore I'm not quite sure where to look for the info I need (he needs).
    1) What's the best prop for wakeboarding on this boat? It has the Scorpion engine.
    2) What's the best way to weight it down for wakeboarding, and which taps-setting do y'all use?

Thanks very much, greetings from Costa Rica.
    FlyZone Wakeboarding Costa Rica

I'm not sure how to weight these boats for wakeboarding, hopefully someone can help out. I've read 70/30 (70% of the weight in the back, 30% in the front), but can't speak from my own experiences. I would recommend doing your ballast first before a getting a new prop. The additional weight from your tank may change the final prop you need.

The ballast section has a lot of good information for adding weight to direct drives. Once you get that dialed, fill out the questionnaire sheet from ACME Props. They will help get you dialed with the perfect prop for your needs.

The boat looks beautiful.

Comment

Sorry I never saw this post. What I do with my 22i is flyhigh v-drive sacs in the back compartments for wakeboarding with the flyhigh horseshoe sac under the seats in the front. I that will create a pretty good wakeboarding wake. I’m not sure on the prop. Call acme props they know everything and tell them how much weight you have in the boat.

Comment

one of my boating buddies has this same boat. 03 all green almost like a john deer green. Amazing boat. One of the best direct drives out there. BUT he does not believe in ballast. He thinks the worst thing you can do is purposely bring water on to your boat. I beg to differ but i can not get him to sway from his opinion. Anyway i think this boat still throws an amazing intermediate wake all by itself and with the help of the taps system. Very smooth and transitional. Welcome to Tigeowners and great boat you have(your friend) has there!!

Comment

Keep taps up at the highest setting you can to make the biggest wake. You can make changes to the taps to clean the wake up if needed, but generally, higher taps = bigger wake.

Comment

Originally posted by Zac93218 View Post
            one of my boating buddies has this same boat. 03 all green almost like a john deer green. Amazing boat. One of the best direct drives out there. BUT he does not believe in ballast. He thinks the worst thing you can do is purposely bring water on to your boat. I beg to differ but i can not get him to sway from his opinion. Anyway i think this boat still throws an amazing intermediate wake all by itself and with the help of the taps system. Very smooth and transitional. Welcome to Tigeowners and great boat you have(your friend) has there!!
            Bring lead to show him or make friends with some very fat people...

Comment

Hi, thanks for input! ACME recommended the 515 (13 x 12 .080 cup). It arrived this week, my friend is going to put it on tomorrow. His old prop was dinged and bent and essentially totally screwed up. Will be interesting to see/feel the difference!

Comment

I checked and the 515 is what I have too. Check out these bags from wakemakers.com. I don't have them but someone did all the work to get these custom bags made.

http://media.wakemakers.com/2012/02/...now-available/

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll forward it to him.

Well my friend is a happy camper! I couldn't make it last weekend to check it out, but he has much better holeshot, gained 15 miles top speed, no more porpoising, and less RPM's at wakeboard speed with full ballast (2000 pounds if I'm correct) than earlier with no ballast at all.
                  Thanks ACME!

Comment

Working...
                  X