Fill'r up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fill'r up?

Is anyone having trouble or wanna let me in on a trick to filling up my boat?

It's a 2001 22i I just bought last week.

I was only able to get $15 in it and I'm pretty sure that was only half a tank
    Is the tank in the rear behind/under the rear seat?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Crosstx View Post
    Is anyone having trouble or wanna let me in on a trick to filling up my boat?

It's a 2001 22i I just bought last week.

I was only able to get $15 in it and I'm pretty sure that was only half a tank
    Is the tank in the rear behind/under the rear seat?

Thanks in advance
    15 bucks bought you HALF a tank!? make sure the nozzle is in all the way or try another station
    Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Find a station without the rubber boot on the nozzles. Around here, Chevron is the spot. You might also check to see it your tank vent line is pinched somewhere.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
        Find a station without the rubber boot on the nozzles. Around here, Chevron is the spot. You might also check to see it your tank vent line is pinched somewhere.
        Cool thanks

Originally posted by somebodyelse5 View Post
        15 bucks bought you HALF a tank!? make sure the nozzle is in all the way or try another station
        yeah I guess I didn't read my post
        Not what I meant haha
        15 bucks only got me UP TO half a tank and it wouldn't take any more.

Maybe the vent is clogged

Comment

Here's the trick (I used to own a fuel dock): turn the nozzle upside down while filling and don't try to fill too fast. If the vent is clogged it won't take it very quickly anyway BUT when you fill slowly you can hear the fuel coming up the fill and know it's full too.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
            Here's the trick (I used to own a fuel dock): turn the nozzle upside down while filling and don't try to fill too fast. If the vent is clogged it won't take it very quickly anyway BUT when you fill slowly you can hear the fuel coming up the fill and know it's full too.
            I have a 98 pre 2002 and thats EXACTLY what i have to do lol. took me a couple loonnnnngggg fill ups at the pump to figure out the secrete. the filler neck that leads to my gas tank is at a weird angle its the only way for me to get a fairly quick fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zac93218 View Post
              I have a 98 pre 2002 and thats EXACTLY what i have to do lol. took me a couple loonnnnngggg fill ups at the pump to figure out the secrete. the filler neck that leads to my gas tank is at a weird angle its the only way for me to get a fairly quick fill up.
              Ditto had to do the same thing with my 21i it is the route of the fill hose it does to tight of a angle. On the 21v I no longer have the issue as the hose is not bent so far.

I also found if you pull the nozzle 1/2 out it will fill fast but when it is full it will launch gas out the fill port so I would pull it 1/2 out then stuff the paper towels n around the nozzle.

Comment

I used to do the slow upside down fill as well until I found the right pumps. Now I just stick it in, click the lock and let it fill until it shuts off. Fills all the way and never splashes. This might all go away once I put the new tank in though. God I hope not.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I filled my up the other day and it was $138.50
                  Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I turn the key on and look at the fuel gauge while filling and when i see it gets close to full, then i use the slow technique and listen for it to come up the fill. I like to get as much gas in town as I can cause they hit you in the head on the water around here. Its usually 25-50 cent higher on the water. I started turning the key on and off after spending way too much time trying to guess how much fuel was in there to begin with. If your empty, the slow technique takes a long time.

Comment

I wanna go to his station if he's getting half a tank for fifteen bucks.
                      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Working...
                      X