Just bought a 1999 2100i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a 1999 2100i

My wife and I just purchased a 1999 tige 2100i with 301 hours. Had a marine inspection done and the inspector came away very impressed with the vessel. It is black, grey, and white. Upholstery in great condition. Anyone have any good advice for a new tige owner? This is my first direct drive boat, but I have owned multiple boats previously. Thanks!

Welcome to the site and congrats on the boat. Be sure to use the search function on this site. This topic has been covered many times, the most recent being here, http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15800

We are gonna need to see pics of your new ride. It's kind of a prerequisite around here.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Go ahead and ballast that bad boy up and grab a surf board!!! I just spent a lot of time and money on my 21i and I will tell you the biggest performance difference I see is def in the prop. Id invest in an ACME asap.

Post some pics, Im sure you will enjoy your new ride. This site will be your new best friend, there are some very smart, helping individuals on here. Great place to find deals on work too, might I recommend Chpthril for any stereo and ballast needs or questions.

Where you from???

Comment

Tes chpthrill is a big help! He has done so much for me already! congrats to the tige world, great boat with even better ppl. But on a side note....not trying to steal ur thread. Someone mentioned slapping an acme prop on? I have a 98 pre 2001....looking for a better prop to push the good stuff....alread have 1200 lbs of fat sacs....what kind of prop should I shoot for. This winter will be full of upgrades so anh advice will be muchly preciated!

Comment

I run the ACME 653.

Comment

Thanks all. I'm from bothell, WA. Just north of Seattle. The inspector said a upgraded prop would be a good idea. I think I got a good deal and I already appreciate this website for the resources and other owners available here. The deal is done, but I need to transfer title and all the particulars on Tuesday, so I will post pics when I take possession. We are very excited to be part of the tige family. Thanks, TJ

Comment

I upgraded the prop on mine. WOW money very well spent.
              1998 pre2200i

Comment

Ditto had a 98 21i before The re-prop on mine it would cavitate when I loaded it down for surfing. I had a acme 911 on mine, call acme and let them know what you will be using the boat for and they can advise you for the best prop for your use.

With the 21i it's doesn't have a ton of free board so watch out for big waves/rollers they are easy to take them over the bow. Also it will only back to the right in reverse If you had I/O before that can take some getting used to.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I pick up the boat tomorrow and should have it on the water this weekend! I will post pics soon!

Comment

Here it is. Our new boat!!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Sweet dude! Looks fantastic. The graphics came out awsome. Did you put the black stripe on it?

Comment

Nice looking boat.

Comment

The stripe came with the boat. I love the look of it. We looked at quite a few and this color scheme was by far our favorite.

Comment

Interesting. I don't recall ever seeing that particular stripes. Is it vinyl or gelcoat?

Comment

That is a great looking boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X