Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20I versus Moomba LS?

Hi all,

I currently own a 2007 Moomba Mobius LS. I have owned it since 2008. Its a beautiful boat and very reliable. We've never had any problems with it at all. BUT, my main reason for owning a boat is for waterskiing. Even though I'm not great, I am a competitive skier skiing at 34 mph at 22 and 28 off. My personal best is 3 @ 32 off. When we bought our LS I wanted a waterski boat first. A family boat second. The LS is a direct drive and claims to be a great skiing boat. I chose the LS over something like Moomba's Outback - which is a tournament skiing boat - because we go to Lake Powell and Lake Mead quite a bit and I wanted something that wouldn't swamp the family when we got it in rougher water. The LS seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Like the 20i, the LS has a tall freeboard. Well, it does handle rough water pretty dang good. But the main reason we got the boat was for waterskiing. And the wake on the LS leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to skiing.

So my question for all of you is how does Tige's 20i compare to the Mobius LS? I know Chris Rossi pushes the 20i. Comparing the specs, the 20i is actually about 168 pounds heavier than the LS. I also have Moomba's wakeplate which is like Tige's TAPs system. So what is different about the 20i that makes it a great skiing boat? Is the 20i hull different than the LS hull? If so how? What else is different about it? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Garn

Originally posted by Garn View Post
    Hi all,

I currently own a 2007 Moomba Mobius LS. I have owned it since 2008. Its a beautiful boat and very reliable. We've never had any problems with it at all. BUT, my main reason for owning a boat is for waterskiing. Even though I'm not great, I am a competitive skier skiing at 34 mph at 22 and 28 off. My personal best is 3 @ 32 off. When we bought our LS I wanted a waterski boat first. A family boat second. The LS is a direct drive and claims to be a great skiing boat. I chose the LS over something like Moomba's Outback - which is a tournament skiing boat - because we go to Lake Powell and Lake Mead quite a bit and I wanted something that wouldn't swamp the family when we got it in rougher water. The LS seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Like the 20i, the LS has a tall freeboard. Well, it does handle rough water pretty dang good. But the main reason we got the boat was for waterskiing. And the wake on the LS leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to skiing.

So my question for all of you is how does Tige's 20i compare to the Mobius LS? I know Chris Rossi pushes the 20i. Comparing the specs, the 20i is actually about 168 pounds heavier than the LS. I also have Moomba's wakeplate which is like Tige's TAPs system. So what is different about the 20i that makes it a great skiing boat? Is the 20i hull different than the LS hull? If so how? What else is different about it? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Garn
    Rossi also runs into 41 off with it. I havent skied the Moomba on the course, but I ran into 32 off with my '07 20i. I have been weaning myself off of slalom and into wake sports and hydrofoils, so my efforts have been directed at finding ways to make my wake BIGGER. lol...
    Both are good boat, so only testing will give you a definitive answer.
    So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

I gave you an answer on the general disscussion page, didnt see this one till now.

Comment

Working...
      X