2006 20i wont throttle up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 20i wont throttle up?

Hey I have a 2006 20i, it starts and runs smooth but it won't idle up? in gear or in neutral...any ideas?

Also is there a hook up so you can connect it to a garden hose or is this something that has to be added.

check the knock sensor connection. And dont run it in gear out of water, you can burn up the strut bearing.

get a fake-a-lake plunger or make one. Some people pull the intake hose off and shove the hose in. Some boats do have a hookup, but it wasn't offered OEM on your year Tige.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sounds like your boat is going into limp mode. There's lots of info on here about it. Is there an indicator on your dash that is on while the engine is running? Any alarms? Did you just buy the boat? Dual batteries?

Comment

Hi, ya I just bought the boat. I didn't see any alarms when it was running but I will check again. I have it booked in at the dealership but there is a 3 week waiting period! Thought maybe it was a quick fix. And yes it has dual batteries.

Comment

First place to start is to make sure your battery terminals are tight. Make sure both batteries are charged, and reading above 12V. Do your batteries have a ground cable running between them? If not, put one connecting both battery grounds (at least 4 gauge). After that, we'll get into some troubleshooting. Are you handy with a voltmeter? What engine do you have?

Comment

Ok, yes there is a 2 gauge wire running between the negaive of the batteries. I have 12.5 volt. I am very handy with a meter as I'm an electrician!
            Its a 5.7 L GM vortec.

What's next?

Comment

I think it's marine power?

Comment

Ok I was peaking around under the cover and there were 2 wires that were disconnected, one was pink and the other was brown with white I put them together and it works! But only every second start or so?

Comment

OK heres the deal with my boat, if I turn the key on and wait for the fuel pump to pump(roughly 10 secs) the buzzer stays on when it starts and it wont idle up. But if I start the boat immediately from the off position everything seems to be fine, the buzzer comes on for a sec then turns off and the boat revs up. What could this be?

Comment

Are the wires on the left side of the engine? If so, the pink is a + feed for hook up when scanning. The brown/white wire is a ground for the oil sensor - I had the same issue. I tried hooking the pink and brown together, and various combinations. I ended up leaving the pink detached, and hooking the brown to ground. According to the wiring diagram, this should be correct. Boat runs fine for me. Yes, it's a marine power GM Vortec engine you have. Have you tried running the boat under load? ie on the water? I'm guessing you'll start throwing codes as well. Check your oil level as well - make sure it's within range, and not over.

Comment

Oh boy, I just got back from the lake and I think I blew a rod in the engine. It popped a hole through my oil pan on the left side! atleast it wasnt through the block. Seems weird that it would go so early for only having 70 hrs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jwolfe View Post
                        Oh boy, I just got back from the lake and I think I blew a rod in the engine. It popped a hole through my oil pan on the left side! atleast it wasnt through the block. Seems weird that it would go so early for only having 70 hrs?
                        Careful how you say "blew a rod".
                        You had deeper issues than you thought. Either way, you are where I was when mine had 20 hours. I broke a rod when it overheated quickly... too quickly to alarm and shutdown. I built a 383 stroker for the boat and it runs like a bat outa hell now.
                        So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Working...
                        X