Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metcraft Tower

Hey everyone,

I have a '03 21i with the Metcraft Tower, and so far so good. Unfortunately, over the 4th, the two bolts that hold the rear of the tower onto the hull snapped off.

I check them pretty regularly, and they never seem loose so I don't know what caused it.

Any recommendations on repairs or where to get bolts?

How can I get the side cushions off so I can get to the where the tower connects to the hull?

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Attached Files

Arrow Bolt in Euless Tx would have those. I have purchased several different SS specialty bolts there for my boat.

Comment

Yikes! Glad nobody got hurt. Just plain old wear and tear. You can only bend a paper clip so many times before it breaks.

As soon as I saw the pics I knew somebody had a link for hardware. Thankyou laserfish. 100 points.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Looks like I need to buy some of those bolts as a precaution, since I have the Metcrap tower on my 20i.

Thanks for the link, laserfish.

-Mike
        Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

You should be able to find bolts for your tower at any automotive fastener store. The bolts they will have are a lot stronger as most of them are machined for motors.

Comment

Biggest problem was finding them in SS. Plus they have a great selection with the different allen heads.

Comment

Any word on how to access the back side where the nuts are?
              I need to tighten some bolts and can't access the nuts.

Comment

There will be a 6 inch round hole behind the seat back. Hardest thing is getting the seat back off to access.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                  There will be a 6 inch round hole behind the seat back. Hardest thing is getting the seat back off to access.
                  Do you have any pics or other words of wisdom?
                  How many screws were there?
                  Sounds like there are a couple bolts in the v-drive compartment.

I read this thread: http://www.tigeowners.com//forum/sho...ighlight=vinyl

and this thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ighlight=vinyl

Wish I could reach up there with a socket and not have to take the seat back off.

Comment

If you had two bolts fatigue and break, the others are probably not far behind. Replace everything. Bolts aren't expensive, injuries are.
                    The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Originally posted by OldeBoy View Post
                      Wish I could reach up there with a socket and not have to take the seat back off.
                      I was able to get up there through the bench seat base with a 1/4 socket driver, 10 inch extension, and a 1/2 inch deep socket. My wife had a flashlight and spotted the bolts for me from the starboard V-drive locker.
                      I didn't want to take the seat back off as I was afraid of damaging it in the middle of boating season.

Comment

Working...
                      X