(Re)Uphostery of 1999 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Re)Uphostery of 1999 22i

After a number of scorching summer outings, the upholstery up in the bow would certainly benefit from a redo. I was envisioning, struggling with some bolts/fastners however I am struggling (impossible)with removing some cushion fasteners. It appears the bow cushions were screwed in through the cushions. Are there any known or mythical tips to removal and or install?

On mine the screws are hidden in the folds, where the vinyl goes back to the board. I found some of the screws I could see and some I could only see a hole in the vinyl as the head had pulled through vinyl but could be found

Comment

Start by taking out the front speaker. Mine has thru studs that you reach through the speaker hole and in the storage lockers under the consoles. It helps to be a skinny contortionist.

Comment

Had a 99 22i and pulled cushions. Those forward facing bow cushions I believe are in fact screwed in from cushions. I believe I gently used a reciprocating saw for removal. And screwed back in through the storage locker. It was hard work...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X