100 hour service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 hour service

I need a 100 hr service on my boat, 2005 22i, I dont want to take it to the dealer, they want $1500.00 to service it, and I asked the lady at the dealer what they do and she couldnt tell me exactly what was included, has anyone done there own 100 hr service? what did you do, what did it entail? was it easy? I know I need to probably change the plugs and wires, what else do I need to do? Any help? Thanks L

Here is the service manual

http://www.tigeowners.com/downloads/...ice_Manual.pdf

Comment

Forgot to mention 1500 seems high, usually they are around $300 Including changing all the fluids and filters

Comment

Was the quote from a Tige dealer?

Comment

That's robbery! $225 for my 20hr service earlier this year; they changed engine oil/filter, tranny oil/filter but not the fuel filter (expensive and not needed).

Look in the manual to see what extra stuff is needed for the 100hr. With shop rates up towards $85/hr I honestly don't see what they could be charging you so much for.
          2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
          Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

Yes it was the dealer, and I couldnt see anything that was worth $1500 that I probably cant
            do myself

Comment

Yea, thats the manual I have and looked at, I couldnt see anything that was that hard to do, certainly not worth $1500!!

Comment

I am interested to hear how this works out, perhaps you should ask them for a written estimate so we can see what you get for $1500

Comment

I might just do that, I will let you know if I do....

Comment

I think I would talk to some one else at the dealership to see if that first quote was correct.

Comment

ok, here it is....I called the local dealer to see about 100hr service and this is what I was told...anywhere from $900-$1100 for a service, included is: change oil/oil filter/tranny fluid, change cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, h2o pump, adjust belts and or replace, make sure engine is aligned, check timing, change fuel filter, check flame arrestor, give the trailer a once over, lube buddy bearings, that was pretty much it for $1000.00 bucks!! Ill do it myself!

Comment

for a grand they should toss in lube for your backside
                        my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Seems odd that the manufacturer does not call for this at 100 hours yet they say it is needed and have not even looked at the boat. I guess it would not hurt to do it but seems overly proactive. For all that $1k makes sense.

Comment

I guess every dealerships definition of a 100hr service is different.

Comment

Maybe it includes a full buff and wax job for the entire hull. Or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X