2002 22i summerizing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 22i summerizing help

Hi guys. I recently bought an 02 22i. I'm not a gear head but I can do most things myself with proper instruction. I want to make sure I have checked everything that needs to be checked, replaced or filled prior to my first run hopefully very soon (if the damn rain would stop). Apparently the last time this was winterized the cooling system was flushed, some bearings were changed and the pully was fixed. The oil was not changed this time because it was recently changed. What should I be checking before I go out? This is my first boat so I have no idea what needs to be done.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
    Brandon
    2002 Tige 22i Type R

Originally posted by bmyers98 View Post
    Hi guys. I recently bought an 02 22i. I'm not a gear head but I can do most things myself with proper instruction. I want to make sure I have checked everything that needs to be checked, replaced or filled prior to my first run hopefully very soon (if the damn rain would stop). Apparently the last time this was winterized the cooling system was flushed, some bearings were changed and the pully was fixed. The oil was not changed this time because it was recently changed. What should I be checking before I go out? This is my first boat so I have no idea what needs to be done.
    Thanks,
    Brandon
    Change the oil. Check or change the tranny fluid depending on how long ago it was changed(I change mine every spring). Good insurance to change the impeller. Make sure all the drain plugs where reinstalled in the engine.

Comment

Thank you ajholt7. Are there any links on here that would help me walk through the steps for doing all of this?
      Brandon
      2002 Tige 22i Type R

Comment

Thank you ajholt7. Are there any links on here that would help me walk through the steps for doing all of this?
        What engine do you have? I made a excel sheet up for the merc. 350 just for this reason, I haven't had any bad feedback so I guess it works for those who use it. I made it up so I wouldn't forget to do something when I was winterizing the boat. I do all my steps at the end of the year except changing the impeller, I do that at the beginning just in case we take a late year run it is still in the boat and we can still use if we want too. Just send me an email address and I will send it to you.
        Dale
        2000 21i Tige

Comment

TRD you're a stud. Thank you very much.
          bmyers98@yahoo.com
          Brandon
          2002 Tige 22i Type R

Comment

TRD can you send me the spreadsheet as well? Thanks!! tct45@yahoo.com

Comment

Bmeyers, congrats on our purchase!

If you can change oil in a car, you can do it on an inboard. And since you have a first direct drive it's easy.

Oh, if you have not done so, post a pic of your boat! We love boat pictures.
              The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

You can do a search anytime. Click search on the tool bar and select your options. There's enough info for you to get lost in. My advice would be to post up some specs on the boat and that will narrow it way down for us and make it simple for you.

First boat eh? Are you new to boating or is it that you finally got that boat you been wantin'?

Oh ya, we need pics.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by youatigenow View Post
                  TRD can you send me the spreadsheet as well? Thanks!! tct45@yahoo.com
                  I have my new version at home, will send it to you.

If you don't have it in a by Wed. morning email me again. I will send it to you Tuesday night. I don't have much time on Monday nights.
                  Dale
                  2000 21i Tige

Comment

I would like your spreadsheet as well being new to this line of boats.
                    Thanks
                    diggerglp@yahoo.com

Comment

I have made a newer version of the excel file for the folks who received on years ago. If anyone has any new info or part numbers for stuff you may have change or had to fix you can email me the info and I will add it to the spreadsheet.

For those who don't know it is for the Merc. 350 engines. Chpthril showed me an easy way to do some thing and this allows me to use the boat all the way until Thanksgiving in our area. Then just do the full blown deal when putting it up for the winter.

Here is my email rjreyob@yahoo.com
                      Dale
                      2000 21i Tige

Comment

Thanks man I love this boat already. I think we will be very pleased with it. I will definitely post pics soon. Weather in OR sucks right now.
                        Brandon
                        2002 Tige 22i Type R

Comment

This is not the first boat I have been around buy it is my first inboard and my first boat. Some think I've bitten off more than I can swallow for a first boat. I say go big or go home. haha
                          Brandon
                          2002 Tige 22i Type R

Comment

Thanks man I love this boat already. I think we will be very pleased with it. I will definitely post pics soon. Weather in OR sucks right now.
                            sent you a PM. I will send you the file tonight. I didn't realize I didn't send it. Sorry. I will take care of it tonight.
                            Dale
                            2000 21i Tige

Comment

TRD.....can you send me this checklist, that's a great idea! I would really appreciate it
                              brookcutshall@hotmail.com

2002 21V

Comment

Working...
                              X