Speedometer Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer Calibration

I have a 2001 20i and the stock speedometers are not as accurate as they could be. I recently ran through a slalom course and both speedos were off by at least 5 mph. These units are the stock Airguide speedometers with the wheel type pick up.

My question is can the speedometers be manually calibrated and adjusted in the field or is this something that must be done by a tech at a shop.

Any help is much appreciated!!

David

Yes, someone please shed some light on how to clean these lines, blowing air thru them?? How do?

Comment

There was a previous thread on cleaning the airline by TigeMD. I'll see if I can find it.
      Does your speedo have the little turning knob to calibrate your speedo? Picture of yours?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Found it. I hope it helps.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...&highlight=psi

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll review the steps to clean the lines and hopefully re-callibrate.

My airguides are sealed with no manual knob to calibrate at the speedo. I had a prior boat with this option and it was a nice feature.

Thanks,

David

Comment

i have the same boat with the knobs I dont think they work ne better I've been dickin with mine all summer and still have no real idea how fast I'm goin

Comment

You need to use a GPS to verify your actual speed then adjust the speedo with those knobs to match.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                You need to use a GPS to verify your actual speed then adjust the speedo with those knobs to match.
                This... Just get the GPS based perfect pass thats what I did

Comment

Working...
                X