Proud owner of a Tige Switch I!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud owner of a Tige Switch I!!!

I bought a 2004 20i and oh man do I LOVE this boat! I love the power, it gives me good ski and good wakeboard wakes and runs like a dream. We had an accident towing it home that cost me two axles because the DOT lazy and cut off a damaged road sign about 5 inches above the ground. Thanks DOT! I have one question I am not sure of Tige's: When I put it in reverse it makes a high pitch whine. The guy I bought it from and I believe him said it was normal and had made that sound from day one. I have the Marine Power Vortec motor. Thanks, I'm extremely excited about this boat!

Welcome to the family. Mine whines some in reverse. Post some pics of your boat.

Comment

Mine whines a little as well. Lets see some pictures!

Id be calling the DOT about that...
      Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll get some pics up asap. I need to get some wax on her and she'll be ready for show. Yeah, I'm going to raise hell with the DOT. This has cost me about 2k and I still need have the dealer check my boat as the concrete anchoring the road sign stump flipped up and nicked the prop and scratched the taps plate. I need to make sure it didn't tweak the shaft. I don't think it did but I'm not going to take the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Utemachine View Post
          Thanks guys! I'll get some pics up asap. I need to get some wax on her and she'll be ready for show. Yeah, I'm going to raise hell with the DOT. This has cost me about 2k and I still need have the dealer check my boat as the concrete anchoring the road sign stump flipped up and nicked the prop and scratched the taps plate. I need to make sure it didn't tweak the shaft. I don't think it did but I'm not going to take the risk.
          Yea, thats no fun. Talk to insurance at all? thats just unlucky. hope you get it worked out and on the water soon!

You need to try some wakesurfing!!! Our Tiges make some of the best waves
          Joey - Red 20V Riders Edition

Comment

I owed a 22i, for some reason the direct drives resonate the transmission whine more even when brand new. Have spent alot of time in 22i's and 21i's and they all are loud in reverse.

Comment

normal, I believe it has to do with the way the reverse gear is machined. Straight cut vs. helical. Listen to a truck or car with a manual trans in reverse, same whine?

Comment

Congrats
                15 Escalade ESV-Black
                08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by lightning59 View Post
                  normal, I believe it has to do with the way the reverse gear is machined. Straight cut vs. helical. Listen to a truck or car with a manual trans in reverse, same whine?
                  Exactly!

get the 'ol Honda Civic up to about 10mph in reverse and listen to her sing

Congrats and post some pics!
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by lightning59 View Post
                    Perfect description and I will worry no more. I will get some pics up very soon. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
                    X