stearing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stearing problems

I have a 2005 22i and after only Two seasons the stearing cable got too tight to use. I installed a new cable and the same thing is happening after another two seasons. What can I do to correct this problem. The boat is only in the water four months each year and only in fresh water. Is there any warrantee on the teleflex cable?
    dennis

run the steering cable above the gas tank. This will limit the amount of exposure to water.

Comment

I am pretty sure that in the 22i you cant run it over the gas tank. But i wonder if there is something that you can do to get it up out of the water. I need to change the cable in ours too, but it has been 7 years. if you find out something let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by dennis houlihan View Post
        I have a 2005 22i and after only Two seasons the stearing cable got too tight to use. I installed a new cable and the same thing is happening after another two seasons. What can I do to correct this problem. The boat is only in the water four months each year and only in fresh water. Is there any warrantee on the teleflex cable?
        just talked to my dealership and they told me that any moisture will will do that too. he also said that teleflex makes two different cables but they both will rust.

did you install that cable yourself?

Comment

you can install it yourself, it's not hard.

if you get water in the bottom of your boat and do not keep the water out of the cable (turn all the way to the left after use) and also keep it lubercated you will kill your cable.

talk to SPBfan and he will get you a new cable.
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X