Tige 21i ignition switch replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 21i ignition switch replacement

The other day the ignition switch on my 2001 Tige 21i broke. To clarify when I turned the key to start the motor turned on and was running normally. However the key was jammed and could not be turned back to acc position and could not turn off the engine.
    After fiddling with the key a little, the ignition switch broke completely and now the key simply turns freely.
    Does anyone know where I can find a replacement ignition switch that would fit?
    Also I'm under the impression that to change this only requires 3 wires. Is this correct? Is there anything else to installation?

Thanks for the info

You may just have to tighten the nut on the back.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

The ignition switch is secure with respect to that dashboard (if that is what you are referring to). However instead of just being able to turn the key to the 3 positions acc, on, start, the key now just can be turned around freely (clockwise & counterclockwise), which is why I need to replace the part.

Where can I find a replacement for this?
      Is there a parts list available 2001 21i to find these parts?

Comment

Just in case anyone else has this issue:

I checked the part and apparently it was a 4 pin ignition switch which is contrary to any included boat documentation (which indicated 3 pin). The 4th pin was simply for acc

I replaced the part using a 4 pin (S, I, A, B) ignition switch like the one below:
        Sierra International MP41040 4 Position Polyester Marine Ignition Switch
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

Comment

Our ignition switch is a generic three position marine ignition switch available at many places.
          I moved the key switch under the dash and added a pushbutton switch for starting and a push-pull lighted golf cart switch for power.
          The original switch can still be used for starting if the pushbutton switch fails.
          The golf cart switch can easily be bypassed by moving one wire to the other terminal if it fails.
          Attached Files

Comment

It's a simple swap over. The terminals are typically labelled, so swap the wires one at a time. Oh, disconnect the battery first
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I lost my key in the spring and picked a new ignition switch up from my local marina for $35. Straightforward install, and I was glad not to have to wait for something to ship. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X