21i Prop Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21i Prop Selection

I recently picked up a 2001 21i with 350 magnum in storage for decades. After standard prep and clean up the boat runs fine but has low top end speed and over revs. The hole shot would rip your arms off. It has the stock OJ 4-blade 13 x 13. Would moving to a 13 x 14 increase top speed and reduce over revving? Thanks.

Going up in pitch will reduce RPM and increase speed. With that said, the 4-blade 13x13 was the gold standard back in that time. Im a little suspicious that those specs are the cause of low top end and over-reving at WOT.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm with Mike, give us some numbers for RPM WOT, the 13X13 4 blade on mine was spot on at 4600rpm and maybe 40mph IIRC. The engine cares about RPM at WOT, not speed over ground.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I never had issues with my Malibu or Nautiqe. Regarding max RPM I had to pull back the throttle as it would have easily passed 5000. This boat came with a spare prop that was marked 12.125 x13. I got under the boat today and measured, the installed prop is also 12.125". Problem solved. Thanks again for your inputs.

Comment

Working...
        X