• Show
Clear All

1997 Tigé Pre 2150

Picking up this ol beauty Wednesday!

Details:
    1997 Tigé Pre 2150
    307 Vortec Motor
    386 hours

2 owner boat, first owner was an older gentleman that kept the boat in a dry storage, second owners own a local boat shop. They have kept it covered on a lift since they bought it in 2011. As far as I know upholstery and everything is all original.

This will be my first family boat. I have owned a few bass boats but my daughter is getting to the age where she will enjoy this more. Anything to watch out for on these models?

I saw some posts from TeamAllen and Nick. How much ballast am I going to need to surf? Best suck gate? Honestly don’t care a ton about having a wave where we can drop the rope, mostly just wanting to have fun and enjoy our days on the lake. Does anybody have a manual for this model they would share?

Thanks in advance!

Some more photos

Comment

Going to be hard to make it a surfer. Very nice and clean boat.

Comment

Thank you! I figured it would be difficult to surf.. surfing is kind of an afterthought but my wife enjoys it. If I can make it slightly surfable that will work for me. Mostly getting it for my daughter to learn to wakeboard and ski behind. I guess if all else fails we can save surfing for when we are on the father in laws Mastercraft.

Comment

Couple of things to look out for with this model. When you drop a tuber/boarder and turn around to get them, be careful of your wake, as you will swamp the passengers in the bow. A slight acceleration as you approach your wake or let the wake pass, will keep those in front dry. Second thing, if your pass through windshield does not have an extension on it, when you get into rough water the pass through windshield can fall through, making it a pain in the you know what to get it back. Most folks just remove it completely, as there are a couple of slide clips to release it. Good looking boat for the age, enjoy!

Comment

Great find. Looks brand new, except for the tower (They originally didn't come with a tower). Extremely low hours and well taken care of. The interior is original. If you have the original VDO gauges they will crack at the bezels. If not, they have already been replaced. The speedometers are pitot tube and may need to be rebuilt or replaced. They don't make them anymore. Others have mentioned the middle window and low front nose. With ethanol fuel you might experience vapor lock. Not sure if that is a EFI thing or you're safe because yours is carbureted? If it is a problem you will need to add a secondary fuel pump. If the prop is the original I would replace that with an ACME 653. Later if you want to start surfing ropeless you will need more weight and new ACME 911 prop. For surfing of any kind I feel adding Perfect Pass is a must. Star Gazer Wake Edition S System. That will take care of replacing one of your speedos. Possibly upgrade the bilge pump? See how yours is functioning. If you trailer any distance at higher speeds have a rope wrapped in a pool noodle, from the transom to the loop on the rear floor panel to prevent the hatch from stress and lifting. Watch the hinges on the glove box. They concentrate the stress on the two small points of the fiberglass lid and will start cracking it. For surfing you will want to add Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) so you don't asphyxiate the rider with exhaust fumes. Most of all these upgrades are documented on this forum.

There isn't really a manual on these older boats. Mine just came with a lot of information on each of the different manufacturers components. Mercruiser has a manual for the engine and drivetrain. Not sure how the MP is different.

That is all I can think of for now. It is a very versatile boat and will serve your family well for decades if needed. Mine has. I still slalom behind mine and is my favorite. That is why I still choose this direct drive. Surfing is second and number one for the rest of the crew. My wife and son slalom but it isn't their favorite. Wakeboarding has dropped off dramatically. Very rare anybody wants to wakeboard anymore. Go have some fun and enjoy your new ride.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Great information Mike, thank you!

I was wondering about the dual speedometers. There is a roughly 5mph difference in them at speed. Sounds like I need to figure out which is accurate and replace the other with Perfect Pass!

The prop does look like it has been replaced but I have not looked to see what it is. The family before me primarily wakeboarded so I assume it will be something tailored to that.

Luckily I live less than a mile from the ramp so I will not have to trailer it long distances.

We are on Table Rock Lake which can get pretty rough on weekends so this will primarily be a weekday boat. I was reading the seating capacity is 11. How many people would you say is comfortable? Also haven’t been able to find a coast guard plate to see what the weight capacity is. How much weight do you feel safe with in the boat? Between my brother, sister in law, dad, step mom, me and my wife we would probably be pushing 1,300 pounds. Just want to make sure that is within reason and safe. I assume it will be fine considering the amount of ballast I have read of people putting in them.

Thank you again. We are very excited!

Comment

Originally posted by ncherry View Post
                Great information Mike, thank you!

I was wondering about the dual speedometers. There is a roughly 5mph difference in them at speed. Sounds like I need to figure out which is accurate and replace the other with Perfect Pass!

The prop does look like it has been replaced but I have not looked to see what it is. The family before me primarily wakeboarded so I assume it will be something tailored to that.

Luckily I live less than a mile from the ramp so I will not have to trailer it long distances.

We are on Table Rock Lake which can get pretty rough on weekends so this will primarily be a weekday boat. I was reading the seating capacity is 11. How many people would you say is comfortable? Also haven’t been able to find a coast guard plate to see what the weight capacity is. How much weight do you feel safe with in the boat? Between my brother, sister in law, dad, step mom, me and my wife we would probably be pushing 1,300 pounds. Just want to make sure that is within reason and safe. I assume it will be fine considering the amount of ballast I have read of people putting in them.

Thank you again. We are very excited!
                I used to own the almost exact boat, (1997 22V). It can be a great surfer. I used to put a 1,000lb. sack in the middle of the floor and people moved to the surf side of the boat. I sold it about 6 years ago to a good friend and he uses a suck gate and the wave is even better! All who surfed behind it could throw the rope in. The speedometers have a dial at the bottom of the speedometer. Make sure you are going perfectly straight, use your phones gps to get accurate speed, and adjust both speedometers to read the same speed. If you are turning at all one will read differently than the other. My old boat has had zero issues in its 26 year history. Tige' built great boats back then. Even the upholstery is original and in good shape!

Comment

Beautiful boat!

I own a pre 2100 comp and I found that my haul design doesn’t let me place a suck gate in an ideal location but you may have a better chance as your back haul doesn’t look as stepped as mine. We also used a ~600 pound ballast bag along the back and would just change where people sat to change surf side. Does the trick. I also have a bit of a heavier boat anchor 454 to add some weight maybe 100 pounds not sure what the weights are between engines.

I’m also just experimenting with it as well this season so let me know if you come up with any amazing tips or tricks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X