water in oil....oil in water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water in oil....oil in water

When I pulled my dipstick, there was evidence of oil on it, so I drained it, few ounces of water first, then oil. tried to start it, wont fire, and there is a gurgling sound from the head valve cover gasket area, and water come out of the drive end of the valve cover area after trying to start it. WTF? Yes, there was water in the block over the winter as I missed a few of the drains last fall after tearing up my knee. Advice please...

I'm afraid I cracked my block, stupid stupid oversight.

I hate to say it, but I am guessing you have a cracked block.

Comment

Yep, sounds cracked to me. Pull off the intake manifold, they'll crack down in the lifter valley. If it's not starting, it may have cracked inward and took out a cylinder.

On the good side, your boat is a direct drive so it is easy to work on. If you have worked on engines before,you can do the swap yourself. Better yet, if your insurance has freeze coverage...
      The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Which plugs got missed/left in...... block, manifold, both?

When you say "tried to start it, wont fire" what exactly do you mean? It wont spin over or it will spin over, just not start?

Having a little water in the oil is not too abnormal in a humid climate, it can be just a little condensation, but a hydro-locked engine, i'm guessing that's what you are experiencing, is not. I would pull the plugs and see if you get water out of any of them, It could just be a cracked manifold.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

In chronological order....

1. Hooked water up to intake, tried to start, it fired for a few seconds
          2. Heard this gurguling sound at the valve cover toward the front of the motor, pulled dipstick, water drops on dipstick.
          3. Drained oil, water first, then oil.
          4. Pulled drain plugs, most water came from the manifold/head plugs.
          5. New oil, pulled valve cover where the sound was coming from, tried firing again, spins, but no fire. water drops on dipstick.
          6. Water coming from back side of valve cover where gurgling was coming from.

As a pity note.... I tore my MCL last time in the boat and parked it, did everything but pull the plugs, 10 minutes is going to cost a few grand....awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by superman View Post
            10 minutes is going to cost a few grand....awesome!
            Sort of like your first sexual encounter without protection.
            Ray Thompson
            2005 22V

Comment

I have one of those trophies too......funny.

Comment

Working...
              X