08 22i will not go into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 22i will not go into gear

I just purchased a 08 22i. The story I got from the owner is during the summer they went to use the boat. Engine started, but no forward or reverse engagement. I got a deal on the boat so hoping to be able to get it going.

I work as a technician so am very familiar with mechanical work and electrical circuits. However, this is my first boat.

I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction on how the system works. It looks to be a “drive by wire” system as there are no cables. If there is a place I can find wiring diagrams that would be great.

Also, the boat needs a battery. Only one battery on this vessel. Any recommendations?

Check the transmission flued level. Its got a cable drive 1 speed transmision. Have some engauge the throttle and see if the cable moves the lever. If the lever moves, it could be a trans issue or coupler.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X