Noise when in a right turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise when in a right turn

Just pick up 1996 Tige Pre 2000. Took it out yesterday and noticed that every time I turned right, I would hear a knocking noise. turning left is fine. When I got the boat back on the trailer, I looked at the rudder to find that there is about 1/8in play side to side. So how do I fix this problem?

Its more then a single clunk. The harder I turn the louder it gets. you think it could be something else? There are no marks on the bottom of the boat or the rudder from a prop strike. would a rudder with 1/8 play make a knocking sound? Not sure it is the rudder making that noise. I just assumed its was. Like I said before, its only when I turn right?

Comment

Is it only when in the water? is it while you are turning the wheel or if you are holding a right turn it continues to clunk?

Comment

It only does it in the water and when holding a right turn. The sharper I turn the louder it gets.

Comment

I give that a try tomorrow. and as for the rudder port, what I been reading is that it's not rebuildable. Is this true?

/

Comment

Might be the drive plate going out.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the drive plate. what would I be looking for?

Comment

With further inspection, I found that my cutless bearings and the rudder port need to be replaced and the driveshaft is out of alinement. just order all the parts. Hope that this takes care of the knocking in a right turn. I will keep you posted on my results.

Comment

Working...
                X