No announcement yet.

2007 22i revival project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be sure to replace the 90 amp fuse located on the starter as well. It has been the bane of many weekends when it blows. Mercruiser part number #88-79023A91
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
      Be sure to replace the 90 amp fuse located on the starter as well. It has been the bane of many weekends when it blows. Mercruiser part number #88-79023A91
      Is there one on the marinepower engine? I was reading about replacing that just didn’t see one near the starter

Comment

I have a feeling the previous owner eliminated the fuse.

Comment

Marine Power did not use that fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
            Marine Power did not use that fuse.
            Perfect, I was seeing it only on the mercruisers so that makes a lot of sense. Im going to install the new starter and swap relays around and see where that gets me.

Im chipping away at two project boats but hoping I can get the tige up and running so we can get on the lake for the "winter" or as much of a winter as we get in Arizona.

Comment

Looking good! I just picked up a 2006 Tige 22i late last night. I had the chance to buy it 2 summers ago when the previous owner couldn't find anyone to work on it. No start issue, so it has been sitting in his shop/living quarters and used as his entertainment area. And I can tell, because when I first took the boat two summers ago, I cleaned it out. Now it is full of dog hair again. Anyways, the ignition wiring has all been pulled apart, there is a new battery, new starter, and he gave me the new ECM which he never tried. He gave up. So I got myself a steal assuming I get it running. 220hrs, Marine Power Engine. Wrong trailer so the tracking fins got bent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjham View Post
                Looking good! I just picked up a 2006 Tige 22i late last night. I had the chance to buy it 2 summers ago when the previous owner couldn't find anyone to work on it. No start issue, so it has been sitting in his shop/living quarters and used as his entertainment area. And I can tell, because when I first took the boat two summers ago, I cleaned it out. Now it is full of dog hair again. Anyways, the ignition wiring has all been pulled apart, there is a new battery, new starter, and he gave me the new ECM which he never tried. He gave up. So I got myself a steal assuming I get it running. 220hrs, Marine Power Engine. Wrong trailer so the tracking fins got bent.
                Wow that’s a way nicer start than I had haha, I’m sure you got it for a steal too.

Would love for you to keep me posted with how you tackle the no start issue and I’ll keep you posted as well. Looks like a mastercraft trailer but I’m sure some bunk adjustment can make it work well.

Comment

So im working on trouble shooting, I have a hunch I have no power to the ecm. I have a red and black wire that are not connected to anything near battery #2. Im pretty sure it is the power to the ecm, anyone know where this connects or have an ecm wiring diagram?

Right now I have no clicking, alarm, or fuel pump priming when the key switch is on.

Dealing with a rats nest of wiring, and pretty sure the audio guy messed something up with wiring causing the boat to not start because it was fine prior to that.

bot.jpg

Comment

IMG_4662.jpegIMG_4654.jpegIMG_4670.jpegIMG_4657.jpegIMG_4657.jpeg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow she’s finally all done, between being a full time grad student and having another boat project and this thing needing to be fully rewired by a shop it’s finally done and took forever. Took it out Sunday and had a great time. Need some new sea dek on the swim platform and a new bilge pump and to be enjoyed.

Comment

Now what are you going to work on?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                          Now what are you going to work on?
                          My tan and my wakeboarding! Haha I wouldnt mind a newer vdrive, I love working on boats but this one took it out of me, Im ready to be on the lake every weekend. Better late than never.

I still have a few finishing touches on my speedboat project though so that will keep me busy when I feel like working on something.

Comment

Well, putting it up for sale. We have been using the heck out of the boat and making a lot of great memories. Now that its been running great, we want to move on to a v drive and something newer that we can surf. I was going to ask $33-35,000. What do you guys think in this thread, am I way off?

Comment

It depends on what your local market is like as there is lots of variation regionally. I've seen some newer Tige v-drives go for that here in Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X