No announcement yet.

2007 22i revival project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8BAA55AA-D81D-47DC-96EF-D4F89D93CD9A.jpeg7C596248-D7AC-47F7-AFC5-FD448298BA18.jpeg3B0912C9-4666-41E5-BD0B-863E548F1EA0.jpeg Finally had time to swap the trailers, only took four trips to the lake between dropping off trailers and bringing back old trailers. Beautiful day at the lake motivates me to get this thing going asap.

I lucked out in that the bunk placement was perfect for this hull, have a few feet of bunk left over in the stern but it tows nice and everything. Also sold the old trailer. More importantly the boat floats!

Boat is at the shop giving them a hell of a time with that last tower bolt. I’m now deciding between carpet or I might go white bed liner with that sea dek on top for the flooring.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen
      I vote for the Sea Deck or Gater Step. Glad the trailer worked out and it flows. Both big steps
      Yeah I agree, I think I’ll do the white bedliner on the floor and then sea dek on top, I was trying to do some research on anyone whose done bedliner but it doesn’t seem common. I got quoted $500 for white bedliner for that area.

Going to stick one of those sea dek samples in my truck bed and see how well it sticks to the liner

Comment

I don’t see a benefit to the Bedliner as a base with Gatorstep on top.

I would just do the gatorstep (eva)

you may find it works but I personally think there are better things to do with the $500 towards your restoration.

project looks great and love that you are willing to share the journey.

Comment

You might be right, my thinking is it’ll show better for areas between the eva, make it look a little more updated.

I had a week to get a lot of work done on the boat but it’s still at the shop giving them a hell of a time with that tower bolt. I guess it’s really seized in there.

Comment

38126087-E973-4951-9731-16888112AA63.jpeg71245943-5C82-4F9C-BD53-FEA05516E620.jpeg Well shoutout westside marine in Phoenix they worked for a week to get that last tower bolt out. Got the boat back this week from them. Today I spent all day trying to pull the damn fuel line to remove the tank and ended up just sawing it in half. In the meantime the fuel line in the picture corroded off and I need to either find a new tank or find A49BC7FD-B4C3-4D12-858F-50951C5AD94F.jpeg a replacement fitting. Any thoughts?

I can finally get to deep cleaning the whole boat now that everything’s out of the way.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if that is the fuel line rail return that feeds into that fitting? It was pressurized when I removed it, im hoping I can get away with just replacing the fuel line since the fitting was corroded but it would be even easier if I could find that fitting to replace as well. If anyone knows of a parts schematic for these boats it would make my life way easier. I'll call inca plastics (fuel tank manufacturer) in the meantime.

Picked up upholstery this week and it looks amazing!

Comment

For the record that’s the fuel tank pickup, im going to replace it with one I found online. Then I’ll replace the sending unit and fuel line.

Here are some sneak peaks of the upholstery (still dont understand how every picture I upload here looks like it’s off a ten year old camera)
                749B3EDE-1C24-4434-BE2C-CB861F8DA64F.jpeg
                CD5961B9-01DA-41AB-8939-0F533B1886C0.jpeg

Comment

Looks great mate.
                  Look forward to hearing about you motor maintenance.
                  Your upholstery looks great just wondering how much it cost you as I have a 21 I 2000 year in Australia and I’m looking to get my upholstery redone as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AussieJohn View Post
                    Looks great mate.
                    Look forward to hearing about you motor maintenance.
                    Your upholstery looks great just wondering how much it cost you as I have a 21 I 2000 year in Australia and I’m looking to get my upholstery redone as well

Thanks! I got quotes anywhere from $3500-6000, I called all around town. Ended up finding a guy with good quality work on the lower end of that price and kinda negotiated down. I was a little picky though, the low quality guys dont do a great job of tucking in the corners and dont have the ability to do nice seams. This guy works out of his house, the high end shops were like $7000

Engine wise im doing rotor, cap, impeller, plugs, wires, oil, trans oil.

Comment

That’s a good price for your interior.
                      Quoting prices I have had are $12000 to $15000
                      Witch is way to much

Our motor is a 350 multipoint injection ski tournament 709 hours doesn’t miss a beat

Comment

I get it serviced once a year I’ve been through a few water pumps but all in all it’s a good boat the perfect pass doesn’t work or the depth gauge I haven’t figured out but your family likes it

My helm volt gauge never reads over 11 volts but my batteries are good so I no I have plenty of power
                        Mechanic changed a few grounds but it didn’t improve the gauge volts
                        Any way I’m
                        Sitting in the sun at a place called Phillip island at the bottom or Victoria Australia
                        Google it up and check it out as it’s a nice place. Family and I are just having a weekend away somewhere new for a change

Comment

Originally posted by AussieJohn View Post
                          That’s a good price for your interior.
                          Quoting prices I have had are $12000 to $15000
                          Witch is way to much

Our motor is a 350 multipoint injection ski tournament 709 hours doesn’t miss a beat

Phillip Island looks amazing, my first love is surfing so that looks like a dream.

$12-15,000 for upholstery is insane, not sure how that converts but thats very very expenive

Comment

txmxer any further updates on the progress of the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by youngc View Post
                              txmxer any further updates on the progress of the boat?
                              A lot of busy weekends and lacking on working on it but I have been knocking some stuff out just havent been posting.

Ultimately between the cost and time it would take and templating for the sea dek material I decided to go with carpet and just get it done so we can get on the water.

A lot of clean up work and elbow grease has gone into it, tower is off and at powdercoat as we speak, new stereo system and wiring, and Ive slowly started doing the tune up on the motor. Might finish this weekend but its 115 every day so we'll see.

Main thing is waiting on some gas tank parts so I throw the tank back in, install the tower, install upholstery and be off.

Does anyone have pics of a subwoofer installed underneath the drivers helm and the pics of the box?

Comment

pic

Comment

Working...
                                X