Winterizing a 2002 22i - First Time Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing a 2002 22i - First Time Owner

Hey everyone, just looking for some help / advise on winterizing a 22i with a Mercruiser 350 for the first time on my own.
    1. After draining all water from the block, do I need to run any marine antifreeze to clean the water out? Or would it be fine to draining the water?
    2. Should I change the oil after winterizing this fall? Or can I wait until spring to change the oil?
    3. What are the best fuel additives to keep fuel good in the tank? I didn't run the fuel low enough our last time out (~1/2 tank left).
    Thanks for the help in advance. Let me know if there is anything else I should look for.

--Clayton
    Last edited by youngc; 11-17-2021, 05:40 PM.

1) if the engine, trans and exhaust manifolds (and heater if it has one) are all drained well, then marine/rv A/F is not needed, but nothing wrong with running some through if one likes. Just dont run it into a system full of lake water, as the A/F is intended to work at 100% full strength, unlike automotive antifreeze/coolant.

2) I prefer to layup the boat with fresh clean oil as opposed to letting the used oil sit over winter. Used oil gets caustic.

3) I like Sty-Bil Marine 360 for year round use.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Great information chpthril.... Thanks much!

Comment

Working...
      X