Looking at purchasing a 1999 2200i and seeking advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at purchasing a 1999 2200i and seeking advice

Hi all! My family is at the point where we would like to buy a boat, and lakes abound here in NH to use one on. I have some experience boating, but have never owned something something at the 22'/300hp class. We're looking at a 1999 2200i with 550 hrs, and the sellers are asking $10,000. Before I go look at it, I was hoping you could give me some advice on what to look for, and if the price was in a decent price range. We're a family of four with friends and grandparents that will join us, and while we will probably not be avid boaters (well, who knows), we want to give the kids a chance to learn various watersports, as well as cruise around and have fun and escape the heat. Were there any particular problems with this model/age boat that I should look out for when I see it? Advice about the inspection process of a Tige 2200i? Thank you!

I had one. So easy to take water over the bow.

Comment

Hi Uv,

I currently own the exact boat your looking at buying. So the obvious items would be, what kind of maintenance did the previous owners keep up for the last 20 years. Do they have records? Check the flooring underneath the carpet for soft spots, if you find some could be indicative of rot. Condition of engine, with records, a little more peace of mind, without, then have a boat mechanic check it out. Direct drive transmission, color of fluid, any leaks. How does the throttle feel when you push it forward and back, how does the steering feel, is there looseness in the rudder. Check out the three fins underneath the boat, are they straight. Check the keel for wear, and the overall gel coat. Condition of prop. Check windshield attachments to the boat and the walk through hinged part. As Sjgraves pointed out, water over the bow can be an issue, until you figure out to just accelerate through it. My family and I love ours, it’s dependable when taken care of.

Comment

Forgot, price seems a little low for this market, but the condition of upholstery and overall boat would bring price down.

Comment

Thank you for the responses! I'll make some inquiries about the boat and try to remember to report back :-)

Comment

Hey how did you all conclude on your querries

Comment

Working...
            X