22i Surf Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22i Surf Prop

We are reaching the limitations of the acme 515 prop that came on our 22i, The boat speed wanders a little on the perfect pass but overall performs completely fine with 4 people, 800lbs water and aprox 400-500lbs lead while surfing. But recently we bought 2 more 400lb sacs and went out, we filled an extra 400 in rear and about 200lbs extra in the bow, the boat really wasn't happy. We could barely get up to speed around 11mph and was pretty much full throttle while surfing. The plan is to remove around 200lbs of the lead because of the new fat sacs and its just temporary wheel weights in sandbags on the floor anyways. So we should be around 1800-2000lbs of ballast + 4 people

we are at ~2000' of elevation and have the marine power 340, 1:1 direct drive transmission

What prop should we be looking for? We want to still maintain some of our good fuel economy, is the 525 to little of a change? will the 653 be enough change? 1231 to much?

I would think 911 prop
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I've got the 525 on mine. I'm probably close to your total weight when fully loaded (500lbs water + 500lbs lead + 8/9 ppl + coolers). Personally, I would skip over the 525, I am even at its top end and its getting some cavitation with all that weight.

Comment

cltTige yea I was thinking the 525 wouldn't be a big enough difference, would suck to buy a prop and it not really change much. So the 653 is still the same pitch as the 525 but less cup will it make that big of a difference over the 525?

Comment

also meant to say I’m pretty much at flat elevation.
          Lot of guy use(d) to run the 911.
          2X on it. Used to be recommended on ACME, still is on wakemakers.

Comment

Quick update: We took a gamble and went with the 1231, it has been excellent so far. We’ve been up to about 1800lbs and 6 people so far with no issues, running 2700-3000 rpm depending on speed (10.8-11.5). The 911 would probably perform better if we keep increasing the weight but as we add more people above 6 we will probably remove a bag for floorspace anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X