Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to bring a 2007 21i back to life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to bring a 2007 21i back to life.

I'm looking for a 2007 21i Owners manual. It has 22 hours on it and has been out of the water since 2009. It went to a shop in October 2017 and the oil and battery were changed and the fuel system was unclogged. It was refilled with fuel with stabilizer, then it was parked again until now. I just drained the fuel out and will refill with fresh fuel. I'm assuming I should change the oil out even though it wasn't ran after leaving the shop. It was stored in a covered barn for the last 3 1/2 years. Is there anything else I should do before trying to crank it over with a fake a lake?

Wow, that boat has had sheltered life. haha. I would for sure change the raw water impeller as well as the the engine and transmission fluids.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

What engine does is have in it(assuming it's an MP 340)?? Assuming the impeller has sat for that long I'd replace it. I'd additionally do the trans fluid.

If its sat that long I'd also pull plugs and lube the cylinder walls and turn it over by hand with some marvel before you just fire it off. Plug condition should give you an idea of engine health when you pull them out.

Comment

Funny, I’m doing the same with an 07 I’m on the hunt for the owners manual as well

Comment

Originally posted by txmxer View Post
          Funny, I’m doing the same with an 07 I’m on the hunt for the owners manual as well
          Owners manual can be found at the top of the page under downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post

Owners manual can be found at the top of the page under downloads.
            Thanks I did see that, I actually need to track down a service manual

Comment

Working...
            X